Who is the direct tv employee on here? *Now w/ pics*

Nah, I wasn’t home to tell him where and my g/f was painting inside. I’ll try the rain-x thing, it hasn’t gone out in the rain today, I just hear horror stories of it always going in and out. Thanks.

wax the crap out of it one evening when it’s cool out and no sun to speak of, snow usually will slide off.

As long as its installed correctly you should not have a problem. Like nitro posted though, I don’t know any techs that like mounting dishes on asbestos siding. It’s a pain in the dick.

I would of went straight to the roof.

If you weren’t there to tell them where to put it and the GF didn’t say anything, your probably up shit’s creek with the placement. I know Dish Network’s service agreement doesn’t hold us accountable for really anything once you sign it. If you didn’t bitch about it right away, your probably screwed. I’m sure DTV has something similar.

EDIT: Although, you could possibly threaten to cancel if it’s not moved, but then you’ll have holes in the siding. Matching the siding and color would be difficult.

I manage a paint store, matching paint is what I do lol. I think somedude is going to try to take care of it for me, if not I’ll go back to time warner.

I loved the guys who refused roof mounts with asbestos shingles.I would tell them.I will pre drill these holes but it might still crack.It usually still cracked.Then i would put the shingle back together with some sillicone(like puzzle).

I learned to get a second opinion on placement. My Dish guy told me the only place I could mount the dishes was smack dab next to my deck, 2 eyesores I would have to look at every day. I also had to trim a tree branch 30-40 feet up. There were larger trees in the way everywhere else. I’m glad I didn’t pay to have that done or go out and buy the tree trimmer myself, because when the supervisor came out, he found a much less noticeable spot way down by the road, no tree trimming required. I had almost canceled the appointment to see if DirectTV could do better on placement.

They could have and would have and with only 1 dish :slight_smile:

LOL! Been there! Done that!!