Who Killed the Electric Car

The link for the download of this movie is back online. You can all thank Gonad for forcing me to take the movie offline.

Same as before, PM me for password.

I’ll be posting another good flick tomorrow, watch for it in car chat ;] ;]

i didn’t see this video, but antoher documentary on the electric car.

one thing you guys forgot to mention is the fact that the only maintenance for the car was a $60 rubber belt. GM service department scrapped all the cars (can u believe they scrapped them after the people who leased them begged GM to buy out the lease) since there was no money to be made on servicing the vehicle.

teh hydrogen cell in the '03 civic claims to have a shelf life of 8 years, and costs over $4000 to replace.

seeing how global warming is fucking up the earth, hopefully one day clean air can truly be affordable.

The password this time is 411ilikedick

I downloaded the movie previously but where do you enter the password? I was never prompted to do so.

WinZip, ALZip and WINRAR won’t unzip the file and provides an archive error of some sort.

What am I missing?

I was prompted for the password, but got most likely the same error as you.

whoever said we get most our electricity from fossle fuels,

ya we might right now, but fossle fuel burning power plants are rather quickly being eliminated and replaced with more efficent sources and cleaner sources.

and by the time electric cars are implamented that will already be in place much more heavily than it is today.

oh an nuclear power plants are a decent way to make power, the only issue that people seem to come up with is 2 accidents, one of which never even got there (3 mile island)

and the storage of the waist which there is no perminate location for untill the Yucca Mountian storage facility opens up soon.

However scientists have already created a reactor which run on the spent fuel of other reactors.

However the US government built it on a native reserve in the desert and cant fully test it.

Are you sure that the Coal Plants cause more Polution then lets say 50% of the population with cars?? I do not know but I think before we can make comments we actually need to know the numbers and not just assume what is doing more dammage.

And good point Drew

my thoughts on the movie:

-I’d rail the redhead
-Stan seems like an awesome guy
-I still hate lobbyists and politicians
-The film never touched upon the downsides of electric cars (aside from range). Battery disposal, cold weather performance, etc weren’t mentioned. Also, remember the huge brownouts that occured in California a few years ago? No mention of how much upgrades were/are needed to the grid to support electric vehicles.
-roffle @ the protesting and arrests… what did they expect they would accomplish?
-A tube-framed electric car would be a neato project

that video made me realize how badly i need to grow a beard, and how much i love my honda (41 mpg)

valid points but the huge brownouts were caused by enron cutting power to many stations at a time saying they were repairing them then jacking the price of electricity up so they could make a quick buck. Theres a movie about Enron, dont quite remember the title,interesting stuff

What do you guys think of this one?? :slight_smile: