Who knows home theatre systems?

No digital input at all?

Honestly, if you don’t have any digital connections and you want to get a decent surround sound, I would hook up the receiver you have now in the garage / workshop and get yourself a new receiver for the home. You can get some really nice mid line receivers for pretty damn cheap right now. I’m a huge fan of onkyo, but denon is also very good. I have 2 onkyo receivers and a denon that I grabbed from ccity over the years I worked there and got all 3 for around $250 each. I love the sound they put out, and with the HD video connections, you can get everything you have to run through the receiver and have just one input on the tv. Then get yourself a harmony remote and profit!! Check out the thread I just posted up a few minutes ago with my home theater install I’m working on.

You can use the coaxial (orange) input to go from your surround sound to your DVD player. I did this when I had a PS2 and a DVD player that I wanted to hook up my surround sound to. The optical went to the PS2 and the coaxial went to the DVD. It won’t be the digital quality we’ve all come to expect but it’s something. I’m surprised you don’t have an optical output though, my system is fairly old and it does.

I’m surprised too! This was a really expensive setup when I bought it.

Thanks offroadzj… Thanks what I’m leaning towards at this point… Some sick deals on bestbuy.com right now

when you said coax, is it an actual cable type connection (threaded) or more of an “rca” connection. If its an rca type then that is a digital sound input and you can use that…

also check out amazon. Thats where I’ve been getting most of my shit and its all been great so far… and damn cheap. Take the harmony 900 I just ordered. It was around $275 or something on amazon and best buy wanted $399 for it.

No the port that’s labeled coax isn’t threaded like a cable connection it’s like the RCA style

then that is a digital input that can be used… as long as whatever component you have running to it also has the coax output. Downside is that you probably only have one digital input.

why don’t you just use the surround sound in your sweet jag??? :rofl :rofl :rofl

Any luck with the coax Zee Oh?

Havent messed with it yet, I was going to do it sometime this weekend but got busy with other things. Im gonna look into it later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for checking in on it, i ll let you know