Who learned how to ride on a 250?

And some common riding sense! And Vlad never answered my question about cruisers which was on his “ok to start with” list. Coming from experience I wouldnt recommend most cruiser because of weight like you said. A 800+ lb bike would probably not be easy to learn on when you have zero experience.

We should make a sticky of “approved starter bikes” :lol

compare it to someone your size on a XR50!

I rode two in the past. Even the new style N250 was LOL-Slow.

Started it, pulled the clutch in put it in gear, let the clutch out, didnt go anywhere, let it out more started to move, let it out a fucking mile and it finally engauged. (bike had 1500 on the clock, not worn, its friction zone is wiiiiiiiide for a reason)

ROMPED it to WOT in 1st, shifted at “redline” nailed 2nd, WOT, 3rd WOT… looked down and LOL’d as I was only doing about 45… and it took the entire road my parents live on, that in my stock 1.8T jetta would be doing 65+ at the same point I backed off.

Passing a car at 45/55/65 roads… where they would be going 50/65/75… I can honestly say would be unsafe on a bike. meaning even dropping a gear or two doesnt matter, the powerband is flat as a board so it would make a difference… it would take a solid 3-5 seconds to get past the car your passing… NOT COOL IMO on a bike.

And the brakes SUCK. I could literly JUMP on the rear lever and not lock it up, front its one of the only bikes, dirt bikes included you could wad right on to hard and not endo or lock up and tuck a tire.

they are cake to ride around… thats as far as I would take it on a street. On a track it would be AWESOME, in a cool LOL look at me on this thing kind of way

and that idiot on the 636 is just that, and idiot.

“I am bionic bitches” and the rest of childish comments after loosing a limb becasue he thought it was cool to leave a light, peg 2 gears and hammer 3rd to lift the wheel and not have enough know how as what to do… probably chopped the throttle as soon as it started to lift, probably leaning a bit too, which started the tank slapper, then target fixated and crashed.

Exactly what I’ve been wondering. I really would love to take a Ninja 250 for a spin. I know my 250 isn’t a rev’er by any means. But something of that size that can spin up to I would guess 14k would be fun. I have to believe they have the power to run 60-65 all day long. I do agree, someone my size and weight would slow it down some. I have nothing aginst them. I just think their power would be limited after a season of riding them. I know from my 250 that it can get beat by the average 1500 Chevy/Gmc 5.3L. I’m def on the heavy side, but a V-8 pickup can get me for acceleration after 45mph.

Either way, I started on a 01’ GSXR1000 and have no regrets. I was easy as shit for 2 seasons and +7000mi’s. I rode with respect and brains. It was the bike I had dreamt of. It didn’t matter what I was doing with it, just wanted to enjoy the ride. I then rode with some old friends at the end of the 2nd season around the “lake”. They scared the shit out of me and showed me what I wanted to achieve. I spent the next winter reading a book from an ex-pro rider that just made all the sense in the world. The biggest thing is keeping the pace. I to this day, still follow the rules. I don’t need to speed the straights, I just ride. Keep it peaceful, when the opportunity comes to roll a few corners, I do. It’s more self gradification. I love it, just to know I can ride the twisities with confidence and enjoy a bit of challenge. I’ve done fast and have rode way faster than I should have and have taken chances I shouldn’t have. I don’t regret it, but I would ask that you learn your bike and understand what you are doing at your own pace, before you go out and take the risks or possibly make mistakes.

Ride whatever you want, just have a brain doing it. Understand what you are on…“A Motorcycle”. No matter the size, it can F you up quickly. Enjoy learning the basics and becoming comfortable with the bike. It’s a blast and a priveledge to ride one. They may not always put you in harms way, but others can. It’s about being able to beat the “odds” and riding at your “enjoyment” rate.

I started on a 250 and it worked out well for me. Upgrade to my R6 after 7k miles in 3 months and 2 trackdays.

If you are a heavier guy, I would suggest getting something with, at the minimum, front and rear adjustable pre-load.

05 R1, not my finest decision.

Have you not changed your thinking with life experience/

Much like Mother Russia, your stubborn.

:ex·pe·ri·ence
[ik-speer-ee-uhns] Show IPA noun, verb, ex·pe·ri·enced, ex·pe·ri·enc·ing.
noun
a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something: My encounter with the bear in the woods was a frightening experience.
the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something: business experience.
the observing, encountering, or undergoing of things generally as they occur in the course of time: to learn from experience; the range of human experience.
knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience.

Not if your new experience reinforces and supports your previous experience.

Only an idiot would change it in that scenario.

Didn’t take you Jammer for one having a practice like that.