Who lives in/near West Palm Beach FLA?

I agree, you only live once!
Best of luck!

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” Robert F Kennedy.
It should be Buffalo’s moto if they hope to turn it around, This is coming from someone who has had faith in the region for a long time. A kind community can only take it so far.

I don’t regret living there by any means I’ve just been much happier every where else I’ve lived. My sis and brother in law still live there and they love it. Maybe you will too! I just dont want to hear from you when you buy land and complain about property taxes in WPB haha.

na, im gonna be renting for awhile. Who knows i might end up being down there only a short time, either way it will do me good i think.

People from Buffalo say it is expensive, BUT the jobs PAY better down here. Doing the same thing I do now (real estate) I was making about $15-20k less a year in Buffalo basically doing the same job AND paying state income tax on top of it. People think ‘making it’ in Buffalo is making like $50k a year. Shit, they even pay the mcdonalds people like $9 - $10 an hour to start down here! hahahaha!

Seriously, the cost of living may be a little higher initially if you are used to paying $500 a month rent in B-lo and step up to 1200 a month down here, but then again the quality of living, amenities, etc. is a little nicer. I do and always will love Buffalo and call it home, but for me anyways, the best possible life I could have for myself and my kid is down here.

No matter where you go, there YOU are. You have to be happy with yourself and you can be happy anywhere.

Didn’t read any replies… but posting this anyway…

One of my best friends moved from WPB to Portland OR about 2 years ago, and still hasn’t sold his house. It’s about a mile from the beach, just a bad market right now. You should be able to find a decent house on the cheap.

ya thats what im hearing, plus i have a hookup down there if i need it! Im gonna rent a condo or something like that for awhile to make sure its something i want to still be around for an exttended period of time. Damn near everything there is close to the beach, hell the condo complexes are like vacation spots! Im gonna bring a snow shovel with me to just point an LOLLER at come January 09.

$50k for the sake of comparison:

Salary in Buffalo NY:
$50,000
Comparable salary in West Palm Beach FL:
$55,548.73

If you move from Buffalo NY to West Palm Beach FL…

Groceries will cost: 1.648% less
Housing will cost: 58.508% more
Utilities will cost: 32.675% less
Transportation will cost: 3.122% more
Healthcare will cost: 20.168% more

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costofliving/costofliving.html?step=form&x=44&y=2

if you go, rent from a landloard not a company, they lock you down and treat you like poop… also they tryed locking me into another year contract it toook $850 to get out and head up here , pm befor you pick something, I have lived alot of places there and still have a lot of friends living the… give me the name befor you check it out … Ill try to get the dirt on the place…

publix stinks for food…

Groceries will cost: 1.648% less - I don’t agree with that…I thought grocery prices in FL were pretty high.

are you serious? publix is incredible, ever eat the subs there?

Why not check out the gulf coast? I just moved from Ft. Myers/Naples area to Boston. I like it here so far, then again i’ve only been here for a week.

I loved Estero… :slight_smile:

weg 'ies all the way

Estero is beautiful, we almost moved into the villagio (nicest community in the area)which is about a mile away from the gulf coast town center(im sure you we’re there if you we’re in estero) Then I broke up with the girl and I moved to Boston.

psh publix sushi>wegmans sushi

Boars head meats>all else

go back to subway jared

Boars Head Meat > All. He’s right. So glad that our grocery stores here in Vegas carry it too.

I was in the Bella Terra “village”… :tup:

HA!

Bella Terra is also right off three oaks, the villagio is the same exact setup only everything is upgraded and the condos generally range around 3-400 sq ft larger.

anyways like I said, make sure to check out the other coast before you move.

I go to west palm every year for spring training and it nice but yes it definately does take a long time to drive anywhere and the drivers are nuts. If you like polo matches or riding at all that is a great place to be. There are alot of matches open to the public to watch and its a really entertaining sport.

I dont live there, but I just came back from vacation today from west palm and it seems like a really nice place. Thats all I have to add, city had some iffy people hanging around, but what city doesnt.