anybody here from florida/lived there/know ppl who do?

i just got a job with a car company called mosler(http://www.mt900.com/index.html) in west palm beach florida and had a few questions.

1.) where to live in/around west palm beach?
2.) car forums/clubs in/ around florida/west palm beach?

3.) anything else youd like me to know?

You got a job with Mosler? Well, I’m jealous. :tup: Congrats.

I know nothing about Florida. Other than it’s godawful hot and muggy in the summer. :tup:

Contact 66impalass on here.

x2

the insects are the size of small dogs
the housing is extremely expensive
there are tons of old people and tourists that have no idea where they are going thus driving is horrible.

im from west palm beach, but havent lived there since i was like 5.Its awesome there tho its really relaxed and the weathers awesome.

I just moved away from West Palm. I’ve lived in Rochester, chicago, West Palm and now Vegas. West palm is ok but definitly not my favorite of the 4 places i’ve lived. Traffic sucks, its expensive to live, and car insurance will murder you compared to NY haha. The weather is nice if you don’t mind excessive humidity and theres nice beaches. Unless you have a Donk theres not many good car clubs that I found.

hey thanks for the help guys.

i think working for/getting experience with mosler will be worth the high cost/traffic. in the long run i will be better off. i think anyway.

a very good friend of mine lives in west palm. If you have any questions or what not lemme know. I can relay them to him

but its prob just the same as tampa… expensive, so much traffic… etc

My friend lives there rite now, hes basically got my old scooby set up

http://www.floridacarclub.com/
http://www.importstreettuners.net/
http://www.southfloridaracing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=&f=69&s=

those are some forums, used to live near tampa its like 3 and half hours away from west palm. but if you are in tampa go to Ybor City. its the shit

I hate FL, and I am leaving here tomorrow.

Honestly the experience is most likely not worth amount of debt you are going to get into. I hope you are making the $50k range, anything less then that you are going to be in a negative income bracket. West Palm is ok, more expensive than Tampa, less traffic but still a shit load. Not much to do unless you know people, your best bet would be to look into places where there are many young people living, but sadly West Palm is mostly old people.

Good luck though…

a large car forum that does track days once a month through out FL is www.tamparacing.com

my dad lives in palm beach, my mom and step dad live north about 30 miles… dad lives off jog road in lake worth. mom lives of US 1 in stuart… ill most likely move there in a year or so… time will telll

yay we can go riding when i get my scooter!:gay3:

<3… i drank to much, goodnight

EDIT… unless you do wheelies… straight roads in florida suckkkkkkkkk

Your dad lived 1 exit away from my old apartment, thats funny. There is a decent amount of stuff to do and yes its very expensive. Look towards the West Coast if you want great job opportunities and not too expensive living costs. My cousin just got a 2/2 1200sq foot apartment with an attached 2 car garage in a gated community right near my house for $1100 a month all utilities included. So far Vegas > Florida for me.

LOL ybor is so fucking ghetto…

ahhh the drama on TR

thom…you finally moving?

yup to dallas, god I hate this place, 88 with 93% humidity at 4am today…ugh

plus I am living in a downtown loft for less than I could find anything around here, its redic

lol, ybor, I almost got arrested there the other night… that place is such a shit hole

and I heart TF/TR drama its so much fun to piss people off

as to West Palm Beach, same as everyone has said. Super expensive, its really nice in most spots, beaches are top notch. If you can get a nice job that pays 60+ I bet you will love it down there. Oh did I say everything is super expensive! From what I hear/seen…

Western Florida = better beaches/higher costs
Eastern Florida = younger people/lower costs in some parts(stay out of the cities)