Who locally sells and stocks HID replacement bulbs?

Looking for a place in the cap region that sells and most importantly stocks HID replacement bulbs for aftermarket HID kits. Ordering offline and then having a problem and having to send them back and play the waiting game for a new set is getting old really fast. I’d rather drive 20 minutes and exchange them instead of paying to ship them back and wait for new parts…ok end rant.

Anyways let me know if anyone knows of a place now that gearhead closed and that was my jam haha

Try the place in Wilton Mall. Truck and Auto Wares or something like that.

Underpass Motors (Stephan) is who I got my local kit from.

Underpass Motors LLC.‎
1098 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 772-0300
http://underpassmotors.com/

Thanks guys ill look into those places. Hopefully their prices aren’t astronomical.

You’re going to pay 150+ locally.

Try ordering Sportiva branded kits off ebay, I’ve bought multiple and never had a bulb issue.

better not be 150+ for a pair of bulbs or ill lose it lol. But yeah that place pjb recommended doesn’t stock bulbs for aftermarket HID’s, they only have factory xenon replacement bulbs D2S and D2R. Looks like this Stephan guy has quite a good rep around here and im shocked i never knew about him. Im going to swing by there on monday and hope he can help me out.

Capital district truck center. 3800 state st.

As far as I know you will spend A LOT more locally if you find them!

If you decide not to go local,

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

OP, you will not pay $150 for bulbs at Stephans lol.

This is who I just upgraded my kit to. Went with all Morimoto brand stuff. Cost me like $350.

It’s where I got everything but the projectors for my retrofit.

EDIT:Yeah you can order from there if you want to overpay for everything. That is of course, assuming your looking to put them in something like my car, where since it’s a 99, I’m not looking to spend that kind of bread.

I’ve had my 50$ sportiva 6k (fog/headlights) kits for over a year, no bulb issues, no ballast issues. I believe in overpaying for OEM parts, but aftermarket, no thanks.

word, he sells 2 bulbs/2 ballasts AND installs for less then that.

Oh woooorrrrrrdddddd, I’m def going there on Monday then. Thanks guys

You must not be an HID connoisseur then lol.

Matsushita/Phillips are OEM brands. Morimoto is TRS’s brand which is built with MUCH higher quality parts than DDM. How do I know? Cause I’ve had/installed 6 DDM kits and just switched out all my DDM crap to Morimoto.

TRS products are worth every penny, including their harnesses.

I’ve had two retrofits, numerous HID setups, etc.

I do not know everything, but if there is one thing I know, it’s HID’s. You can’t go wrong with TRS. It’s OEM quality stuff for slight less money, but worlds better than the $40 EBay special.

^ Damnit, I just ordered DDMjointz like five days ago :lol

DDM is fine. I called em crap because they were finally going on me. I had mine for almost 2 years before they started acting up. But, on my car, installing lights is a HUGE PITA (have to remove wheel well plastics, intake tubing, and wheels) so I decided to just upgrade to legit stuff and never have to worry about it again for as long as I, likely, own the car.

Running matsushita 4th gen ballasts and TRS relay harness with zero problems. High quality without the dealership prices.

I have one of these cheap ass kits in my car and so far it has been three years trouble free.
http://store.sharphid.com/product_p/ddmhid.htm

Never said I was. Just offered advice for those not trying to pay a shitload for pretty good quality. If I was doing a retrofit on a 2010 then I’d prob spend the money, but on a 99 or something you can bet I’d rather spend 100$ on both sets rather than 200$ on 1