Who went to carlisle? Any truth to this story?

Isn’t illegal in this state to put an older engine in a newer car? There are probably years to go with this.

its only legal to do a motor swap from a newer car then the chassis ur putting it into if th emotor has passed all smog and retains all that etc etc… but its not illegal only in CA is it illegal with CARB, i think here you just cant register the car… ive neer heard of that

i have however seen how calisle treats people, the first year i went down there i got a ticket for leaving the show witout my lights on… it was 7 pm and it was dusk, and i had foglights and my parking lites on…

show proof of said laws or BS.

i would think that the laws only pertain to emissions and the likes.

Cops can write whatever they want, especially when 99.9% of the people are from out of town.

X…

P.S. I hope they got any RX-7s with LS1 swaps. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“badazzss,post:23,topic:28958"”]

show proof of said laws or BS.

i would think that the laws only pertain to emissions and the likes.

[/quote]

umm how do u think emmissions laws get enforced? just by saying dont do that but if you do no big deal? there are fines/tickets etc for doing that sort of stuff… the cops were probably trained on what to look for and how to write a CITATION for it… remember tickets dont have to be for V&T only

if this was indeed true, carlisle is gonna die a very soon death, who’d want to go to a show if they know they are gonna get fucked with tickets on their way out

I’m thinking they’re doing this with the import crowd only really…

I mean how many street rods, or muscle cars are running original motors? Almost none… How many 30’s and 40’s cars are running old leaded gas motors… almost none…

[quote=“Xander,post:24,topic:28958"”]

P.S. I hope they got any RX-7s with LS1 swaps. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

why you have to hate? driving> fixing, driving> paying a ticket… lol

xander your my hero :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep in mind, A COP CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS.
They can write you a ticket for whistling Yankee Doodle if they wish.
That however does not mean you will be convicted.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:28,topic:28958"”]

why you have to hate? driving> fixing, driving> paying a ticket… lol

[/quote]

To me it’s like spray painting that bald spot on some old guys head,it might be better, but it’s wrong.

X…

yea but whos gonna drive back to go to court? everyone will just mail the ticket in. it was an easy way to make $$$ for the town. maybe in retaliationto all the shit that went down last yr?

not that i agree with what happened, just saying

[quote=“Xander,post:31,topic:28958"”]

To me it’s like spray painting that bald spot on some old guys head,it might be better, but it’s wrong.

X…

[/quote]

TRUE, TRUE.

I am sure most of the town hates that particular show. Hell they have tried to get it moved/cancelled in the past. This is just the towns way of dealing with it.

Jeller

^ probably right that’s bullshit tho. I’m sure that show brings in a shitload for the economy there.

It would be like the people in Hamburg not wanting to have that huge RV show every year that brings in a ton of money to the area.

^:lol: uh… no, it wouldn’t.

Typical crowd at the RV show… older rich people.

Typical crowd ar Carlisle… young kids, acting stupid. When ever a group starts getting out of control, a town will find a way to shut the entire thing down.

[quote=“93z24,post:35,topic:28958"”]

^ probably right that’s bullshit tho. I’m sure that show brings in a shitload for the economy there.

It would be like the people in Hamburg not wanting to have that huge RV show every year that brings in a ton of money to the area.

[/quote]

or the fair for that matter…hamburg cops love messing with carnis

I am not 100% sure but I believe you are not allowed to do anything to your car that changes it from the way it left the factory.

A sheriff pulled me over for talking on my cellphone in Rochester and told me my exhaust was illegal and I asked him why and thats what he told me.

Kinda makes sense if you think about it in the way of the insurance companies. If you have a old civic (sorry) that typically has a small engine and might be recognized as a family car but put another engine in it along with other parts and you are not driving a little 1.6L 135HP(just guessing) civic anymore. A car like that might put you in a new risk pool.

Going off topic, but for the last time… NYS V&T law states “Any exhaust louder than stock is illegal”.

^^^^^ hes right as far as exhaust goes…law states nothing but stock is legal…tell taht to all the domestic cars and harleys…but the same does not hold true for all other modifications…the exhaust just ebcause its loud and may polute more…

xander, i doubt theres many ls swapped fds there…unless they have lambo doors and neonzzzzz and nawwzz :tspry: