Who's been to the auto show?

rofl… goin with the woman on sunday… $14 bucks wippy no biggie suck it up pussies

^leave her there while you’re at it

I get to work 3 days of it from open to close :gay2:

Not really any cool concepts. The Sabres (Vanek, Gaustad and Roy) were there tonight, I think that’s it for Sabres.

If you come, stop by the Hyundai/Subaru room and ask for Jeff. That’d be me.

Heading there tomorrow around 5 with my wife. Get in free, take a bunch of pics, then go out drinking :slight_smile:

If I go, I’d go on Sunday. Let me know, maybe I’ll meet you guys there.

rofl

Worst show i’ve ever been to…but i’m getting my money back and then some…

There was this hot chick named Katie that was a sales rep for Northtown VW and whatever else they carry there…

Melissa was looking at the new Rabbit and the GTI, and this girl comes over and starts throwing her pitch at us, and before i could walk away, she got me. Apparently, all we had to do was give her our email address and phone numbers, and she’d call us up and set up appointments for test drives. No pressure to buy she says, no catches, just by test driving a car, on the spot she will give us each either a $50 gas card, walden galleria mall gift card, or home depot gift card…and we can each get one because we each have separate addresses.

Sounds too good to be true…but i can see how it would work…all they want to do anyway is get you in a car, and they’re confident the product will do the rest. Obviously we didn’t tell Katie that neither of us are in the market at all, but that’s not gonna stop me from $50 worth of free gas…

Your not going to test drive a car and walk out of there with a 50 dollar gift card. They will sit you down and give you a sales pitch to no end and wont probably wont let you leave till you hear all of it. You walk out early = no gift card. Its not worth worth 50 bucks to go through that. On top of that if they have your phone # your on there leads list, expect a call every week at least.

I’ll sit through a pitch for $50…

and once i tell them they can not call my number any more, they can’t…there’s harrassment laws that protect you from shit like that…i dont know the specifics, but when i worked collections…if somebody, anybody…told you that you can not call a phone number where they reside, or a number they own, you legally can no longer call that number, unless you want to be fined or something…i’m too lazy to look up the details

back on topic

I went last night, sat in the Z06 for the second year in a row. Bascially thats as close as I will get to driving one so it was worth my 8 bucks. Ah I love that car, I wish it wasnt so damn expensive, but I guess its a good buy when you look at the competition.

I liked seeing the new benz coupe up close, that thing is sick. The autoplace porsche lineup was rather nice. Caymen, Boxster, and the new Carrera S all with matching paint and wheels.

People bitch about this show to no end. Its worth 8 bucks geez, its not meant to showcase prototypes or anything like detroit or toronto. Its basically a indoor showroom of whats available now.

im goingto hold you to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

the GT500 is fake…

I heard this from people at my work who were working it, and apparently my friend (roots on here) had a little encounter with this as well. goes like this: Fords got the hood open, and people start to notice that “wait a second, thats supposed to have the 5.4 with a blower on it?? thats just a regular 4.6 Mustang GT motor in there, no blower or anything! hey mr salesman/ford spokesperson, whats up with that?” ford dude says nothing and goes over and shuts the hood and they all look around like nothing happened. lol.

We were asking when we were there. We were like, “Why would you leave the hood on a GT500 closed, might as will be a re-badged GT” funny to find out that’s what it was.

from what i understand, if you’ve even ever seen a GT500, you would know right away because the one at the autoshow didint have the racing stripes and a real GT500 is lower.

I remember it being more fun going with my friends when I was younger. Its suprising that the dealers bring the stripped down entry level POS models. I liked the Z06, GT500(actually pretty unimpressive in person), Jeep rescue concept, Chevy Cheyenne Concept, Dodge Slingshot concept, I sat in the G35 coupe for awhile, and all the other High end stuff a student cant afford. Wifey and I walked out feeling frustrated and ripped out of $16. :lol:

Just because I liked the pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/McCrazy/z064.jpg

I agree that this auto show wasn’t really spectacular. Although it must be this year, because I went to the Detroit Auto Show and wasn’t overly impressed either. I guess you can’t expect a lot from a local auto show. We will see how the Toronto show turns out.

its fucked up someone messed with my bot jr,s car there either yesterday or today they stole a dvd out of his glovebox shut his doors moved his sons lil jeep and broke a trophy thats messed up with something like this happening at the auto show id be scared to have my car there for the autorama

I’ll be a little more to the point than I was in his other tread about this…

Why the fuck would you leave a DVD in the car in the first place?

fuck yo couch

it was a dvd in his glove box that he watches in the car because the car has tv,s in it