Whose your High Speed ISP and any vonage users here???

thought I would save some space and post my 2 questions in 1 post

1 I have had Adelphia cable internet since it came out. works great but in a rage to save pops some cash, we are looking to get rid of adelphia all together. 140 bucks a month for an ISP and digi cable is alot. Who are you guys using for high speed internet and how much??? this is also in the buffalo area fyi.

2 any vonage users here??? I guess pops talked to them and I must have a cable internet modem to use there service. I am also worried about using my pre existing phone lines. let me know any of your experiences with them.

nothin will beat adelphia for price n speed. if ur lookin to only surf the net i recommend dsl. but if ur a gamer download lots of media or stream, stick to adelphia

I have vonage with adelphia. vonage is great when you aren’t downloading anything.

Vonage pros:
-cheaper than regular phone service
-long distance inside the country is included
-crystal clear sound when there are absolutely no internet connections being made, except by the phone itself

cons:
-if you are downloading, expect a delay proportional to how much you download…anywhere up to a 20 second delay.
-echos if you have mild downloads

notes:
-your phone lines wil become obsolete if you continue to connect to the internet via cable. Vonage uses your internet connection. Some people use DSL, and might use the phone lines for vonage, but cable users do not.

adelphia>
vonage<other home phone providers