why are the walls in my family's house bleding brown ? (no ... seriously ...)

last spring the upstairs got a new coat of paint, new paint over old paint, nothing special in between

last summer, one section of the hallway started to “bleed” across the top of the wall, looked like someone threw some pepsi on the wall

shit washed of, didnt leave any stains

this week, the ENTIRE upstairs hallway bled

its the stuff starts out light nearest the topof the wall,and gets heavier and heavier untill the point where you see it starting to run

i also just checked the backside of the stairway ceiling, its dry andrelativly clean

it depends… have you been walking bare foot through public restrooms lately by any chance?

^^^ no,ionly walk barefoot in whore houses and south buffalo streets

I’d say its probably heat and humidity related.

x2

that shits fuckin wierd tho. call a priest

bad mix of paint ?

both the white and the blue are doing it, the red that was done in my sisters old room isnt doing it, and that was the same kind of paint done at the same general time

no idea what kind / brand of paint it was tho, none was left over so theres no paint can to check anymore …

smoking + humidity?

happened within a few weeks of being painted originaly, and none mokes upstairs. if that was the case, the walls in my roomwould have the same thing (my room has a vent that leads from above the fireplace, which channels downstairs crap into my room)

i bet there is a dead 9 year old korean girl behind the wall decomposing slowly.

^^ 15, an shes white

but shes lower down and farther to the right …so shes not the problem

damnit i knew i was close

Id be willing to bet it is some form of mold. I have the same thing happening in my bathroom on the ceiling because my wife and 7 year old son take super hot showers and the humidity level is more then the exhaust fan can exhaust. My plan is to cut out the ceiling dry wall and add largest cfm fan i can buy and then replace the drywall.

I suggest you have someone take a look at your problem so no one in your house gets sick.

maybe it’s this?

Surfactant leaching,: surfactants are chemicals added to paints to improve paint flow and or to aid in formation of an emulsion. As I stated above at “incompatible paints”, surfactant leaching can occur, for example, if there is an incompatibility between the primer coat and the finish coat. Paint chemists formulate primers and topcoats to work together as a tested and proven paint coating system.

it’s better explained here: http://www.lakesidelumber.com/resources/maintenance.htm#surfactant

i had the same problem at my old apartment. Because of the guy that use to live there who smoked all the time no matter what we painted or did to the walls when it came to the humidty the walls bled brown. Dry wall actually absorbed the tar and no matter how many times you paint it, it will still bled out of the drywall. Even if you dont smoke up stairs or whatever over time the build of small amounts of smoke will still be absorbed into the drywall.

^^^^ so why did this just start now ?

my family has been in this house for 25 years and all the sudden the walls start to piss out all their built up dirt ?

the problem has to be the paint, not the walls

Burn the place down :shrug:

probably smokers? the tar is dripping from the heat?

that is the strangest thing I’ve ever seen

leaking roof

I’m willing to bet a 6-pack it’s rained between the time you painted and when this occurred.

better get that fixed

again, i checked the area above the stairway ceiling, its spotless except forsome dust bunnies … this statement includes a total lack of water stains

and the roof is a 8 year old total tear of job, all new tar paper, 30 year shingles, and the bare sheeting hardly even leaked when we had a freak spring snowstorm while the shingles were off