Why can't I live in Mammoth, CA?!

…That was posted on the forums over at Newschoolers.com.

It is from out in the Mammoth Mountain region of California. It is from one snow storm alone. In 2 days, that much snow has fallen.

God damn I wish I was out there right now.

looks fake

fuck that

maybe he’s like 6

unnnnnghhhh… we have zero snow by me

nah i doubt it’s fake, but you wouldnt want to go skiing or riding yet after that much snow due to avalanche risk

but yea i know what you mean that does make me jelous

wow thats crazy

i guess it would be great for skiing… if you could find where your car was under all that snow.

im going to guess snow drift

theres actually no real avalanche risk until after a few sun cycles, and thats if there is warm enough weather. and even then you only really have to worry about south east faces.

i want to be there too. by this time next year though i will…well closer then you all anyways

Tahoe got aboot 100" in couple days last year at this time.
They even made t-shirts, etc that refered to “The Big Dump”
It was the best skiing evar in Tahoe!

I am going to Vail in few weeks, they have over 15 FEET of snow already.:wiggle:

also to all the people who think this is fake, or think it is a drift…it is totally common to see this snowfall in the rocky mountians. i dont disbelieve this picture for a second, only get jealous that i am not there at this very moment

Exactly. It has been a 109 inch snowfall in the storm…

Being the skier I am, I honestly have no idea why I sill live here.

god damn!

Not in Mammoth Mountain.

Snowfalls like that are common in that area. I was in Lake Tahoe a few years back and we got hit with 60 inches of snow in 3 days!

Damn that would make for some fine powder. I’m going to Stratton vermont next weekend. I read conditions out there are amazing this year so far.

i was at tahoe for that as well, i got a picture of me standing in someones driveway, let me find it.

this was the 1st week of january in tahoe after a storm.

kyle…thats like 3 ft of snow.

everyone here knows you are like 2.5 feet.

:word: