Why do people think that their 15-20 Year old...

rusty, haggered, 200k+, some power options not working, non running right, cracked windshield, just haggered as shit JEEP is worth $2500?!?!? WTF?

someone please explain, im beginning to think that i will never find the around $1k perfectly haggered jeep that i want. goddamnit. its just a fucking chrysler product, whats so great?

BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT!!!

seriously though, i have no idea.

You could ask the same question about a 15-20 year old haggered, faded, leaking, busted engine, missing interior pieces VW…

it depends, if its a wrangler, they only go up in value, even haggard ones go for 1200 - 1700$

if your looking for a cherokee, they can always be had cheap, the older they get, the price plummets.
Grand cherokees, still hold a high resale expecially in good condition, Jeep is the only good chry co vehicle line, that has been made since the 70’s.
The following is huge, with a huge follwing, the price goes up, look at hondas, the most wasted honda shell still fetches 500$.

+1 for night touching

It’s all about the market. There are enough stupid if you can read this roll me over it’s a jeep thing you wouldn’t understand humpers to keep the price up.

its a jeep thing. you wouldn’t understand.

personally i hate the fucking things. my buddy has one and it’s all i hear about even though he has a frame off v8 s10 blazer sitting in the garage only in need of about 6 hours of work to be running/driving and its been at that point over a year and all he talks about is the god damn jeep. ugh.

Gary has a 2000 cherokee he is looking to get 1500-2000 for.

lolz

:bigclap:

all the answers are already in here.

“its a jeep thing” i sold my old 92 wrangler that was a rot box with a $100 lift on it for $1500… and it SUCKED. i dont feel like finding the article, but i read a while ago that the jeep wrangler is top of the list of vehicles when it comes to resale value to original cost ratio.

that and the supply and demand thing. look at old civics, VW’s and bmw’s even if ( and most do) they suck they still pull a premium ( especially right before race wars)

and what power options did a 1990-1995 jeep have have to not be working?

LOL Nice.

JAM, maybe you should buy one and see if you can understand the Jeep thing…

X…

Here it is Jam. $1000 does not buy you SHIT for a car, plain and simple. Granted, there are retards trying to get $2500 for complete heaps, but just trying to get that doesn’t mean someone is going to give that. $1000 is basically going to buy a complete heap of shit that needs $3000 in repairs.

I whole heartedly disagree. While $1000 will buy you a shitty car, it can get you a reliable shitty car. If we didn’t live in Buffalo the same car would actually still look decent. Rust is the biggest killer here, but it also makes reliable cars sell for peanuts.

Looking online is part of the problem, people think that because they can advertise their car to more people they will get more than it’s worth. It’s actually made things better for the buyer who can now be far pickier. Way back when, all my mechanically inclined buddies picked up nice cars that really didn’t need much work because they would stop at people’s houses and ask about a car sitting around. I don’t know how many people stop driving cars because they need ball joints and brakes or something stupid. I’ve seen so many cars get flipped for $3k get picked up for a few hundred bucks when they only needed was a few hours worth of work, a good cleaning, and a couple hundred bucks in parts.

same thing with people with miatas…

Cash4clunkers…

what do you want jam, a jeep cherokee? theres a red one at my fathers the neigbor kinda wants gone, and cheap too i think…lower miles, just never gets driven…

if its that bad, id make the person pay me to take it!

reminds me of a few sayings: “Jeep is just junk misspelled” and “Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket”

Jeep guys are just as weird as VW guys, only they raise their vehicles and get bigger tires not wheels.

Theres a red cherokee on sheridan drive right near evens for sale.i dont know what the year or price is though.