Why is there still sound?

So i’m in the school lab, have headphones plugged into the computer, but sound it still coming from the speakers…i thought once i plug in the headphones all the sound only comes through them, and nothing else comes through the speakers…wtf? how can i change/fix this so i’m not annoying everybody around me (more than i do anyways that is…)?

turn off the speakers? (or is this a laptop?) If it’s onboard sound, you’re probably running the AC’97 codecs… if so, you should be able to change it thru there… if not, I’m not sure what to tell ya. Maybe you can shut them off in the bios?

ok this is happening again, and i really can’t work without my music…anybody please help…

i pulled up the volume control board thingie, and clicked the mute box for the PC Speaker option…and sound still is coming through on the speakers and the head phones…this really pisses me off…last year, i could just plug the head phones in, and the sound would automatically stop coming through the speakers and start coming through the headphones…now it’s staying in both…

/rant

did you try turning them off in the bios?

wtf is a bios?

when you start the computer, you should see something that says “press F2 to enter setup” (it may be worded differently or it maybe be a different key, like “DEL”). Look thru the menus and you should find something that will give you the option to turn off the speakers.

change it, save and exit

should be good to go

buy an ipod

If you go into the control panel, sound and audio devices you can disable the speakers.

look for and open window then throw computer out of it and if music is still playing …your screwd

Stab the computer speakers with a pen or pencil.

unplug the speakers…
plug headphones into speaker jack…

^^ Winner.

in some older garbage boxes…i mean windows machines…you might have to restart the comp for it to recognize a differnet speaker or if u change a mouse or something like that also