wideband discussion

so i picked up the PFC from varun for my S14…

i need a wideband for tuning it.

normally i would just go with the Uego but i dont have anywhere to put another gauge in my car and i dont want to start adding gauge pods or getting into anything else fancy.

what other options do i have?

I have mine in the glove box.

For you, once the tune is set, you actually dont need the gauge anymore.

Is your issue just not a place to put the gauge bing, sounds like you jsut need a temp setup to tune.
The tuner usually has protable probes they use. Find out from them maybe?

dan?

you could get something like this http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php which is simply the controller for the wideband without a gauge and outputs an analog signal to most standalone ECUs

but like the guy above said, you only need a wideband during the tuning process, especially if you dont care to run a gauge

AEM sells a gauges-less wideband that you can wire into your EMS and datalog while tuning. Also the EMS will use the wideband sensor as an O2 input and can correct if the AFR’s are out of whack…not so sure about PFC but most Standalone EMS’s can do that.

Dan has 2 AEM widebands in his S14 without gauges wired into the Vipec V88.

well then he should unplug one of them and use it on my car then eh?

I haz an old PLX M300. Iz nice and easy to mount since its a square.

When Dan tuned my car, he stuck another wideband sensor into my exhaust so he would probably use those readings to tune your car.

u dont need a wideband to tune, not if your dyno tuning. they stick something in ur exhaust like siliva_drift said. But it would help for street tuning and just for peace of mind

WTF…don’t listen to any of these dudes. Just go get an AEM wideband with gauge like to told you to and STFU. Okay, go do it now.

lol i know its good to have, i just picked mine up today. but he made it clear that he doesnt want another gauge.

lololololololololooollloololol