wideband needed and have questions

+1 I have the LC1 in my jetta. I installed it right next to my OEM WB about 3 inches away from it. It is dead nuts on with the same reading through my Vag Com. I even calibraited it wrong, with the o2 still in the exhaust and its still on with readings.

Yeah that part I dont like, I have a serial LC1 and a serial VAG-COM for the VW ECU, and only 1 port on the laptop. The software is nice and samples much faster than the VAG COM, but like you said there isnt an RPM readout, and I dont know how the controller would pick up rpms, I havent looked into it, because the VAG-COM logs WB AFR fine and it doenst matter to me right now to get the LC1 to log right.

QUOTE=TurboTravis;547912]LC1 is just too tempremental to me…

ooh the sensor is at the wrong angle…whoops, too close to the engine, oh wait, gotta recalibrate the sensor, etc etc…

If you want something that works, everytime, with any fuel you throw at it (LC1’s use the Bosch sensor which has a short life with leaded fuel), get an FJO.

But what do I know, I’ve only been using widebands since 2000.[/QUOTE]

Dont know what you have going on there… I welded the bung on to the side of the pipe a few inches away from the stock WB O2. Even calibraited it in the pipe, your suposed to do it in fresh air hit the button and then stick it in the pipe and complete the process. Even with me not reading the directions its dead nuts on with the same readings as my stock WB O2.

I even pulled the battery for 2 months on the car and fired it back up, didnt even calibrate it again, and once it warmed up it was again right on with the stock WB O2, i assume the controller has a watch battery backup or something.