Will36's 91 "prostreet" camaro

I probably should have mentioned that the door bars are just stuck in the car to take up less space in the shop. I will be installing them next weekend hopefully.

[quote=toomanycamaros;668652] … I don’t plan on putting the car on it’s roof or spending any amount of time at the track with it… quote]

no one usually plans on putting it on the roof…and theres a few locals that have rolled theirs on the street, not even racing just driving…i fucking hate these quote thingys too.

no one usually plans on putting it on the roof…and theres a few locals that have rolled theirs on the street, not even racing just driving…i fucking hate these quote thingys too.[/quote]

only silveradoman would have trouble quoting someone…

push the quote button and type your message bud!
:retardclap :rofl :hug

I went into a bookstore the other day and asked the woman behind the counter where the self-help section was. She said, “If I told you, that would defeat the whole purpose.” (note: “self-help” has two meanings 1) you take without paying 2) you can choose as you like)No money no way in real life,no gold no way in game!

Made some progress today. I cut up the floor and rebuilt a section of it to clear the torque arm mount on the 9" if I decide to set the car lower. I also got my friend who owns the shop to do a bunch of welding on the cage.

Threw in a couple photos of some other cars in the shot.

i love how the moser 9in dont clear the floor . lolol its amazing they still havent changed that setup to solve that issue lolol .

Edit…removed. Not going to be that asshole in this thread…

Ya it’s been an issue since they came out. From what I’ve read online the issue is the size of the center section and the need to ran a torque arm mount off it. There just isn’t enough room on the F body chassis.

Yes I know the front bars in the cage… Long story short it’s only get an 500 hp engine and won’t be raced competitively. I spent a lot of time talking to S&W who built the cage and a local guy that builds 8 second cars and the answers were the same. No it’s not as strong as the traditional style, but for the application it is more then adequate. I’m going to add some extra bracing to make it stronger though. Thanks for the concern though.

i got mine thru quick perf , no issues there

your torque arm mount and bracket or the whole axle? The axle that is in the car now came with it and for what it would cost to replace it I’d be crazy to replace it. My mount and short T arm are S&W

THE AXLE AND SHIT IS QUICK PERF

STOP YELLING AT HIM JON!!! :lol

I checked out their webpage and they make some nice stuff. I think I’m going to look into one of those disc brake with internal drum parking brake kits.

when you wana pick up this slp lid ?

seems like something you can get stock off something else at a junkyard since alot of Fords use a set up like that including Crown Vics and F150’s.

The next time I’m in the capital region I’ll get it from you. Do you still have that exhaust? shoot me a PM

It’s not really worth the effort and time. I would have to go to the yard get the stuff, disassemble clean/ have it sand blasted and replace everything but the mounts. That’s if the stuff would even bolt up, which I highly doubt since my axle has the newer style moser large bearings. It’s just easier and cleaner to order a brand new kit.

if the moser was meant for your car it has the gm housing ends on it , what brakes are on it now ? if there a stock camaro disc the ls1 setup will bolt onto that housing as long as ya have all the shit

Somebody cobbed up the original 91 11.65" PBR brakes and backing plates onto the moser axle. They drilled an extra set of holes in the backing plates and ran them. I wasn’t really that impressed with it. I really need to have a parking brake because it’s a stick shift car. I do have a complete axle out of a 98 SS under my 88 IROC that won’t be going anywhere for a long time so I could steal the brakes off that. I have to pull the axle out from under the car anyway to rebuid the center section since I need to replace the spool with a limited slip. I’m going to look into the rear brake situation then.

if the holes are drilled run em man . mine are a stock brake in mine . im into my housing for 1100 shipped to my door . u.p.s wasnt happy at that delivery im sure though lolol

I probably will do that, but I like the cleaner internal drum setups and the springs for the parking brakes are a major pain in the ass.