Windows 7 at UB

Just a heads up for all you UB students (and staff).
Windows 7 for personal use is in stock now.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit Upgrade - $7.95 student / $14.95 staff
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Upgrade - $7.95 student / $14.95 staff

You can ONLY buy 1 copy of each. Not 2, not 3, just 1

NO, I can NOT help you get it if you are not a UB student. So don’t ask. I value getting a paycheck

UB students/faculty/staff ONLY at this point. They are still working on the other SUNY schools. So if you go to Buff State, ECC, NCCC, etc you have to wait.

Don’t ask me for tech support, I haven’t installed it yet.

Saweet. I’ll prob swing by and get mine on Tues.

Want to get a friend of yours to get one for me?

BTW, if your friend picks one up for him, they will NOT be eligible to get another one for themself if they need it.

I don’t care who gets what for who, but a lot of people get the software for their friend and end up screwing themselves in the end when they need it for themselves.

Just a heads up.

Hmm. Maybe I’ll get one. Is this a lot better than vista? Don’t know much about it

True, but I’ll try to find a friend that’s a mac user. lol

I should probably start reading up on this too before i switch. Is this expected to have as many compatibility issues that Vista? I need to make sure my software will work on the new OS.

Likewise, but I wouldn’t mind putting 7 on my laptop to clean / speed things up a little.

So I have my ID from when I went there in 01-04…would that still work lol

my roommate goes to ub but is currently taking a sabbatical. do you know if he’s still allowed to get it?

Probably. Yes

As long as he has an id. Shhhhhh :slight_smile:

sweet. also, which version is needed? hp dv1040us. edit: is there a student discount on ms office as well?

Does it need to be a “current” UB id? :wink:

I still have my ID from 04-08 maybe I’ll stop by next time im in town.

It can’t be one from 10+ years ago. As long as it is the newer style. I think they had a swipe card on the back.

And no saying, Joe said it will work. I know NOTHING!

Check HP.com to see if it will work. I think you cna also download a download advisor from Microsoft.

UB Software for students, including Office:
http://www.ubmicrosuny.com/search_output.php?vend_cat=Software

You can also download Office from CIT’s website (UB student, faculty, staff) www.buffalo.edu and search for Microsoft Office

just a heads up for those who aren’t aware, if anyone purchased a new PC with vista in the last 4 months (like me) you get the windows 7 upgrade for free. I registered for mine and it already shipped. Cant wait. vista blows.

but that is a good ass deal for those who can get it. I just saw this in the paper advertised for like $119.

've been running windows 7 for about month now and I haven’t had any issues with it. It runs on half the ran vista does and boots way faster. And if your lazy and don’t want to back up your files it even saves them in a windows.old file which is easily accessible after the upgrade. If you can get your hands in a copy it’s well worth it.

damn, not compatible. my laptop is ~5 yrs old, but still pretty straight.

ah well

Is it possible for someone to get a copy and ill pay them for it.

Hmmm… havent done too much research on W7 but anyone know if a dinky 1.6g netbook with 2g of ram can run it well?

Helps greatly appreciated.