Windshield Wipers

Hey guys,

I’ve got a 1992 S13, today I’ve noticed that my windshield wipers aren’t working correctly. They will turn full speed (third notch), and half speed (second notch), but not at the first notch which is variable speed. Hopefully that makes sense to someone. Also the wipers aren’t turning on automatically when I use the windshield washers either. My first thoughts are that a relay is bad?

Any suggestions, where to start with this?

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

try the little green box in the engine bay. drivers side near the firewall

Just tried that. No luck! It seems to be working fine. I’ve tried leaving the variable speed on, and tapping the relay, and other wiper related things under the hood to see if anything might be lose. It’s not reacted. Maybe the switch is bad? I could try testing it with a multimeter. Anyone know the schematics? Which wire I should be looking at? :frowning:

Download a copy of your fsm for the schematic, its free and verrryyy useful for lots of other gremlins

Does the car have the cd player still in it? I know this sounds fucked but I had the same problem and what fixed it was connecting all the wires to the radio back up. Buddy had them all cut up.

I think I need the schematics of the harness on the switch. Not sure where it is in the FSM :frowning: