Winged Warrior Itinerary

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:20,topic:27228"”]

Not yet since Zwarfart decided he couldn’t go. The route is easy though.

[/quote]

I have a shit ton of money left on my printing acct at school, I can print whatever you need. If you want a 6’x6’ poster, no problem…

[quote=“vq30de,post:21,topic:27228"”]

I have a shit ton of money left on my printing acct at school, I can print whatever you need. If you want a 6’x6’ poster, no problem…

[/quote]

Well we only really need a few pages of 8.5x11 … isn’t that still “free?” I mean I used to walk into Capen and print 100’s of pages.

Maybe I’ll put together a PDF later.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/46202?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_outdoors

current weather shows Saturday to be mostly sunny and 81°F

Aka I’ll be bringing suntan lotion as I’m still burned from last weekend.

I hate being a fucking daywalker/ginger.

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:17,topic:27228"”]

…bitch fest?? riiiiiiiiightttt.

[/quote]

the all too familiar skunk bitch-fest

that’s why I created Aaron’s landing wahh wahh :mamoru:

CLICK HERE and PRINT!!

^^ PDF File with Itinerary and Directions :tup:

From the WWIII Website:

[quote=“Smokedmustang”"]
Winged Warrior III Race/Show Itinerary:

RACE ITINERARY:

FRIDAY MAY 11th:

We will be having our “WW Tech”, and the autox tech on Friday May 11th. We will be doing this at O’Reilly Raceway Park, and sharing the track with ORP’s scheduled “Midnight Madness” event. There will be LOTS of people, and lots of cars dragracing. We will have our own “Winged Warrior” area to conduct tech, and it will be a great time to meet and greet your team mates. Since alot of you are coming from out of town, you just lineup when you get there. 6PM-??? Since it is Midnight madness night, my guess is, they are open till at least midnight. :lol: Once your car is teched, and stickered, you are free to go. For those wanting to stay, and race, the track will charge you $15 to do that. You can let us know in advance if you want to race Friday, so we can hold back a ticket for you to do that. The track will have food and drink there for you to purchase, if you need it.

You will also get your car numbering on Friday night, along with your “T” shirt to wear on raceday. Further instructions will be given at this time also. The gate of entry, is the North gate. We will give the racers instructions on what to do, so we can pull you out of the line, and get you to tech. More on that soon.

Those who CANNOT tech on Friday Night, MUST be at the track Saturday at 7AM SHARP to tech. :thumbup:

SATURDAY MAY 12th:

Those NOT teched Friday, must be at the track at 7AM SHARP for tech
Vendors setup at 7-8AM
Volunteers arrive at 8AM
Drivers arrive at 7:00AM for tech (Drag tech for 1st group)
Course walk at 8:00-9:30
Drivers meeting 9:30
Flag drops at 10AM.
Trophy presentation 6PM.

You will have approx. 2 hours per event: (Drag/autox/carshow). The “Carshow” is different then the GENERAL CARSHOW, as this is actually your “Break” time. Your time to walk around, rest, eat, drink, watch the other racers, or check out the GENERAL CARSHOW.

The events will be scored 40% drag/40% autox/20% carshow. You will have 5 passes down the dragstrip, and 3 passes on the large autox course. You can (at your discretion) waive the remainder of the runs, after you get ONE run in the books for a team score.

The track will be VHT prepped for each group. Faster cars can get first dibs on the “glue”, whereas, the AWD cars might want to go last in your group if you don’t want the VHT (Glue).

Entry for Racers and Volunteers is the south Gate, and Carshow and General public enter thru the western gates, see photo.

GENERAL CARSHOW ONLY ITINERARY:

Winged Warrior III Speed Challenge and CARSHOW. Here is the “General Carshow” info!

Where? O’Reilly Raceway Park – Indianapolis, Indiana

When? Saturday, May 12 – 9am-4pm

1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies given in 20 classes including: Sport compact foreign & domestic, mini truck foreign & domestic, car classes, truck classes, muscle car, sports car, classic car, luxury car, lowrider car & truck, 4x4 truck, SUV classes and more!

Also given away: Best of Show, Best Domestic Car, Best Foreign Car, Best Truck, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Unfinished and Club participation.

Schedule of Events – Car show registration 9am-1pm, Drive-thru judging 10am-2pm, Awards 3pm

Pre-registration is now, till May 5th. Paypal account is gbutter@webworks2000.net

There might be some “minor tweaks” in this schedule, just giving you a heads up on how the day should pan out.
[/quote]

Damn you guys who can’t go - there is a best club participation award! :ham:

this event sounds awesome. maybe next year…

Another good x-post:

[quote=“Smokedmustang”"]
Ok, just got back from a track meeting again. Here is the scoop:

Friday is their Midnight Madness event at O’Reilly Raceway Park. It will be packed with a couple thousand people racing and having fun. WE are going to have our OWN area to tech, meet and greet, watch the races, and get ready for the following day. You can get your stickers after you tech, pick up your goodie bag, etc… You are then Free to join in the fun there, or go to the hotel and rest up for the battle on Saturday.
This will be at no cost to the racers (the tech part). Those wanting to race, have to go back out, and enter the front enterance, and pay the $15 to race. It will also cost $8 to spectate if you leave the WWIII grid to re-enter the maingate.

Gate 8 is for WWIII ONLY, on Friday!! Not a Midnight madness point of entry!

Those racers who are on our list, can enter gate 8 (see photo) at anytime from 12 Noon and on. Anytime you get there, it’s fine. Just remember what gate to go into ( 8 ).

On Saturday, the racers ENTER the MAIN GATE, and the carshow and general public will now enter gate 8. Confusing? :lol: :lol:

Vendors can show up AT GATE 8 anytime from Noon on also to setup. There will be more info when you get to the track. Does everyone understand the itinerary? If you have any questions, please ask. Our area will be roped off to keep others out who are there for the Midnight Madness event. It will be sweet for sure. Print off this photo if you need it.

[/quote]

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:28,topic:27228"”]

Damn you guys who can’t go - there is a best club participation award! :ham:

[/quote]

maybe you should drive there then too? :uhh:

[quote=“MPD47,post:24,topic:27228"”]

Aka I’ll be bringing suntan lotion as I’m still burned from last weekend.

I hate being a fucking daywalker/ginger.

[/quote]

DAYWALKERS DON’T BURN :eyebrow:

[quote=“Rx3,post:32,topic:27228"”]

DAYWALKERS DON’T BURN :eyebrow:

[/quote]

holy shit, thats a badass picture of you. :lolsign:

are you coming along rick?

Nope, got vampires to slay this weekend.

:lol:

Watch out for those silver bullets and wooden stakes !!

FYI

If your plans include driving on the Thruway this weekend, take extra care to watch your speed.

The New York State Thruway Authority and State Police Troop T announced Thursday that “Operation Spring Brake,” an annual initiative, would take place this Saturday through Monday.

“The busy summer travel season is only a short ways off and we are encouraging all motorists to be extra cautious while driving,” said Thruway Authority Executive Director Michael R. Fleischer. “Everyone is anxious to get to their favorite summer destination, but motorists are reminded to be watchful while traveling through construction zones, always wear their seat belts, and never drink and drive.”

The initiative is aimed at putting the brakes on crash-causing behaviors and saving lives. During the three-day initiative, additional state troopers, dedicated solely to conducting speed and aggressive driving enforcement, will be deployed along the 641-mile state Thruway.

“Warmer weather tends to bring more motorists out onto the road, and safety is Troop T’s number one priority. Troop T will be out in full force patrolling the highway, as well as watching for intoxicated drivers and closely monitoring speed through construction zones,” said State Police Troop T Major George P. Beach II. “We ask that motorists do their part by remembering to drive responsibly and buckle up.”

The Thruway Authority offers a free e-mail or text messaging service called TRANSalert to inform drivers of major unscheduled incidents that may affect their travel on the Thruway. To sign up for the TRANSalert service, customers can visit the Authority’s Web site at www.nysthruway.gov.

i need some wheels and tires picked up in columbus… anyone wanna pick em up?

$50 to whomever does…lol… i think you guys are driivng right through there anyways.

[quote=“bing,post:37,topic:27228"”]

i need some wheels and tires picked up in columbus… anyone wanna pick em up?

$50 to whomever does…lol… i think you guys are driivng right through there anyways.

[/quote]

mounted? size? i could prolly swing it.

i am getting so fooking excited for this trip. even if the event ends up sucking, indy has been on my list of cities to visit for a long time. gonna be fun boys, i can feel it :tup:

Bing, i can get them for you (responded to your PM). Just give me a ring.

shit.

i’m out.

shit came up.