winter beater

well back in late april i bought a car for <1000 bucs put a motor in it up at JJ’s thanks brian sam and BJ for the help… and finally got it running after 5+ months :eek2: not many hours on it… (working 70+hours a week sucks balls) more traveling thing anything.

here it is.
oh yeah… it use to have the 3.1 in it… now i got the 3.4… and it spins some tires… GHEA mofo.

glad you got that idle figured out…time to celebrate :beer:

not too shabby

sweet nice car for a winter beater

it’s nicer than your camaro.:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

its going to require 3 motors to get it running right.

that’s a dohc motor right?

nope,it was done here!:moon:

lol

nope just the 3.4 out of a malibu or something… one cam… a few pushrods. thats it.

yeah its a pretty damn clean car for having less then 1500 in it

glad to see its running, they are pretty reliable cars.

so hows it run man?

well i drove it for two days wheni brought it home from jj’s… it had an idle problem where it seemed like it had a huge came in it. i did some messin around with carb cleaner and found that i had a throttle body leak… oh yeah how bout i should tighten all the t/b bolts up… so with that fixed the IAC started to act up… pulled it cleaned that up now it runs idles drives perfect. the water pump is starting to make some noise… but i have one from the 3100 that is in mint condition so im not worried about it. just need to pull it and replace it.

looks and runs great… i really like it. and my insurance went down 70 bucs a year adding this car. :finger:

sweet

looks good

I can dig it. Hell, that’s nice enough to be most people’s year-round daily driver. Haha

Not too shabby :slight_smile:

Not a bad ride, 3400 is a good addition. Might be throwing one in my Beretta over the winter for the hell of it…

I got that big cam idle problem when I first start. I’ve changed all ignition and fuel related problems, I’ll have to check the TB. Could be due to the fact that the TB gasket was kinda broke when we took it off to change the lower intake gasket and put the same gasket on. Woops.

nice to have a DD/beater isn’t it? I’m now working on my 2nd find running AAA calls.