Winter is coming..Time for a project

With winter coming i will be building a project for fun, and for some track use for a friend.

Here is my gift for 6 months.

02 audi TT ALMS

Definite plans for the car is as follows-

KW V3 coilovers- I run KW v2’s on my car now and love them.
Stoptech big brake kit.
HRE 843R Wheels
Sway Bars
Adjustable rear camber arms

The car will be similar looking to this.

Not to sure about the fenders but lip kit is in the near future. Those are just the mods to start.

Cant wait to finish this and see how fun it is.

sounds like fun!
are you gonna do any tuning to it?

a friend of mine had that same TT but with a chip
the TT is a fun car…the chip made it even more fun!
GLWP

So is this your car or a friends?

Cool! Nice to see another TT around here.

The V3’s are very nice, but look at the Bilstein PSS9’s as well - they’re fantastic. Good choice on the BBK too, makes swapping pads a breeze.

I’m excited to see this come together, have fun!

It is a friends car.

I will not do any tuning since I have no knowledge of it, in the future if we go that route I have friends that own a shop.

Damn I’m selling my B5 A4 stoptech kit but you are 5x100 : (

Not sure if you could just buy different rotors and brackets, I could easily sell the rotors on an audi forum, the calipers are the expensive part anyway and they are universal throughout stoptech’s kits. You just have to get rotors for the ST-40 calipers that I have. The kits are expensive so it might be a decent option for making that happen cheaper.

Great plan for the car. I still have a soft spot for the 225’s in black and bright red, the ALMS is a bonus too.

Yea when i first saw the ALMS i was like wtf, the lipstick red interior kind of threw me off.

And as far as being expensive, price really doesnt matter with project.

I was also tossing up the idea instead of the HRE’s getting a set of the I Forged Revs

I’d say if you are going to track the car (or he is), you won’t want to run expensive rims. One trip off road and they are fucked. Cheap rims give you more confindence around the track.

X…

Yea i think we were thinking about keeping the stock wheels and getting this resurfaced, if thats the case we could always just swap them out for track use.

Tuning will definetly make a difference if your going to track the car. i would just join in on some of the Audi and VW forums. theres alot of good info on them.

“price doesn’t matter on this project”… but I’m starting with a 2002 Audi TT.

Does not compute.

Watch Top Gear on the Audi TT sometime :lol:

Car is being given to me for a good part of next year, My friend loves the car and wants stuff done to it while they’re gone.