winter/small project car questions..

ok here is my plan…
I don’t want to drive the gti in the winter… not cuz its new but becuase its wrong wheel drive and its not as much and a rwd car in snow. So here is what I want to do:

Pick up a early 90’s BMW 3 series (I6…not a 4 cyl.) for around 3 grandish… throw some winters on her and drive for the winter… then after the winter is over i will have hopfully a decent amount of cash. I would then like to maybe throw a turbo kit on her or something along those lines, basicly make a quick car out of it. How much of a project am I lookin at and is it going to be doable with a 3grand car and about 4 grand left to build it.

i know someone with a M5 engine… he was planing on building it for boost, but i think hes looking to sell it now, ill let him know about the thread

have fun tunnnnnning

that’s mad loot yo

and FWD > RWD in snow (in most situations)

i know fwd is better in the snow//but rwd will be more fun…and a rwd with good snow tires and a few bags of sand in the rear it wil be decent

i just looked at a 85 318i on big tree. it looked solid,dude wants 1500 i think for it.

ps. im pretty sure he is a murderer. so… be careful.

yea i was just at the gas station right there, seems pretty solid

RWD in the winter is my prefrence, if you know how to drive it. It feels more safe to me that way. Also way more fun to drive.