looking for a winter car..

ok, so im looking for a winter car, i dont want to drive the gti in the winter ok?
there is two things that it CANNOT be and that is: FWD and AUTOMATIC.

I’d like to keep it between the $1-2K range. My dream winter car would be an older BMW 3 series. AWD is prefferable but i can do rwd as well. Ill just throw some sand bags in back to get up my driveway. give me some ideas!

5 speed, but FWD. my crx. i even have a set of blizzaks for it :wink:

tisk tisk, this should be in the classifieds section man.

too bad you couldn’t afford to keep the jag as a winter car. that was a pimp ‘beater’

man ur gonna get me depressed talking about winter…u could buy my car

why not FWD? or just FWD w/auto (id agree with you on that)

eclipsepimp’s isuzu hombre in the for slae section, or duece’s 91 tsi awd 5spd also in the for sale section. awd turbo in the winter should be a fun ass time

buy an e30. i took one of my old e30s through 2 winters and it was awesome. nothing in the trunk, just put a sub and amp back there for weight and got 4 snows. never got stuck!

my new e30 i bought for winter, but is too clean so I can’t bring myself to do it. gonna have to find a 325e or 318i to take through

There is an isuzu rodeo in lancaster on William for 2200…looks super clean out on a front lawn…Guy is a mechanic so I am sure its in good shape.

there’s very few vw’s in buffalo that are not suitable winter cars. your mk 5 is not one of them. just drive that.

yes i never said it was not suitable…but fwd is not as fun inthe winter as rwd or awd…and that is why im looking for such cars…to have fun in parkin lots and subdevelopments when therew is a fresh 6 inchs of snow on the ground…yes i said it…snow…its coming.

so, dont call me a pussy for not driving my new gti in the winter…i could care less…im not worried about keepin it clean…but again…it wont be as much fun in the snow…and plus if i crank a guard rail…i willbe much less pissed if i was driving a $2K car rather than a $25K car

buy an sti? :gotme:

i have a more fun in the winter with my jetta than i do with the summer. a nice set of all seasons and some good snows on the front and a well tuned ebrake are a blast. just ask woody. he was in my jetta quite a bit last winter. sure did better than his winter car. :lol:

I have a 94 jetta 5 speed here that needs some brake work, a breather line, and has a small coolant leak (not sure what it is). It runs and drives, I wouldnt now because of the brakes but it will…if you are interested you can take it from me for 500 :slight_smile:

that’s a sick deal. what color? 2.0L? how many miles?

maybe it’s because you didn’t drive it most of the summer…

oh boy. do it, you won’t.

ha,yeah. fuck that… if im goin big id buy a carrera 4 (AWD) for my beater.

ive had a fwd car (jetta) rwd truck(s10) and awd car (jag x-type) for winter and i deff preffer awd or rwd. so ontopic agian plz!
I will most likley end up with a 3 series. just got to find one for the right price

half the summer, and all the spring. but seriously, that’s the only time that car seems fast is in the winter.

i’ll think about it. i have a hot babe to take to toronto you know. maybe i’ll just buy it and put the ABA in the mk 2!!!

which is why i said do it.
but after toronto.

then i’ll look at the car on the 5th.

good idea