Winter Tire Talk

What’s everyone riding this year? On a 240 or any other car.

I need a set for the daily (Sentra - 185/6x/14) so looking at what’s out there.

Please mention make, model, size, cost and where you got them from?

I saw these in this weekend’s Walmart flyer. Buddy of mine said to just get whatever - Nexens would be fine.

Thinking about the Nexen Winterguard 231 (shown on the right below) ( IByougetwhatyoupayfor :o ) :

http://www.gonrad.com/200910/nexen.jpg

98 grandprix 205/65/16 blizzak in barrie $133 a piece

what ever’s cheap on Kijiji YO!

I had Hankook I*pike last year, they were awesome. I forget the price.

I’m going to try out the MICHELIN® X-Ice® Xi2 in 205/55/15. Checked a lot of reviews on em’ and heard they we’re rated very well.

i work at walmart and sell a lot of those nexens. its true, you get what you pay for. but all in all, these tires are pretty good especially for their price. im buying a set myself, and sold a couple sets to random 240 owners too. not to mention our warranty is pretty key: free rotation, tire repair and wheel balancing after the first initial payment haha. (mind you i dont like representing walmart but whatever). get em while you can.

If you’re running skinnies, check out Crappy Tire, I picked up a set of Goodyear Winter Nordics (specially made for Crappy), for under $200 taxes in for my Civic last year, and I was extremely happy with them.

i’ve always enjoyed my winters running on dunlop graspic ds2’s. the rubber compound itself is really soft compared to other winters and for the price you can’t complain.

sometimes walmart puts these on sale too (typically just after christmas i find).

put some blizzaks on my sisters golf couple years ago. awesome tire. i think jammin1911 still does a group buy for winter tires this time of year. you should check with him.

peace

You can always find a killer deal on craigs/kijiji

:dunno: just get cheap shit and steelies, at least it’s still a Nissan :noes:

my 240 dumped on tears with 195s uni royal tiger paws never got stuck once…

IMO if you buy the cheapest winter tire out there, it will still be better than an all season. winter tires for the win!

Ya I have those too for my S14, solid in the snow.

No matter how good the tires I buy are, the 240 still has little traction compared to heavier cars I’ve driven. I ran Michellin X-Ices at the back and some random winters at the front, my braking (more like sliding and buzzing) distance was on avg. 1.5x than that of my dad’s oldsmobile with all seasons. wtf? lol

If anyone wants a set of Nexan Winterguards on some nice 7 spokes, PM ME or text 289 688 6447, BEST OFFER YOH, The 180 is going to be stored :frowning:

Blizzacks are the best I dont care what anyone says…I plowed threw half a foot of snow going 50-60km/h while everyone else was going like 30km/h…lol and they were in heavy ass sedans.

92’ Tercel on 175/70/13 tires, just to let some people know…for the winter narrow tires are best rather than wide ones.

& for anything fwd, you DONT need winter tires lol.

http://www.hunch.com/tires/dunlop-grandtrek-sj6/1354103/

the grand daddy of snow tires for trucks/suv’s!
amazing.

im rocking these again this year

I have a set of 205/60r16 general altimax on steel wheels, 5x114.3,less then 1000kms for $475.Pretty much brand new.
PM if interested