winter tires? where to buy, sales?

i need to pick up a set of winter tires for my other set of rims and i was wondering if anyone has seen any sales or cheap places online.
So far cheapest i have seen them on ebay is around 525 shipped.
need these for a 17" rim.

Word, any sales like last year on Tirerack or discount tires???

I’ve used a few different brands of snow tires.

Local tire store winters -1986 Accord 1 winter and summer
Dunlop Winter sport M3 - 1997 Prelude 1 winter
Sams Club/Walmart Pacemark Snow tracker. 1997 Prelude 5 winters (same set)
Michelin Artic Alpine -Infinity I30 2 winters
Bridgestone Blizzak ws-60 Subaru Forrester XT prolly 2 winters

For my money i reccomend the Snow trackers. The Blizzaks are a better gripping and quiter tire, and look nicer on a car. But not by that much and they don’t last close to as long, they cost 2x as much. Now granted i don’t get that much snow compared to the Buff area… But i have never been stuck in my lowered lude with those Pacemarks. I was moving my wife back from Boston Ma, and we got caught in a BAD storm, 3feet fell wile we were driving, it took me 5hrs to get from Cape Cod to Albany normally 2.5hr drive. And at one point the highway closed behind us becasue of accidents and they could not keep up with the snow around the NY/Ma line, and i’m leading a convoy of ~20 cars, in my lowered Prelude pushing snow with the front end. And when we stopped at the hotel for the night i was moving the cars around and i was having problems moving the Infinity with the Michelins and my Lude had very little problems getting moved.

I have friends that swear by the Blizzaks so i gave them a shot and they are very nice tire, but for the trade off i will buy another set of Pacemarks when these WS-60 wear out after only 2 winters

Good luck!

any place online that sells pacemark?

i have a lowed car and i need a good set of snow tires… are the pacemark’s that good… or will they where out in a few weeks like some i have had?

i really need to pick them up soon

i think i need hard tires

(this is also my first winter driving this car)

i’ve always used blizzaks…but if these pacemarks are that good and cheap…i want to know where to get them… googlenets came up with nothin

http://www.remingtontire.us/Pages%20II/mudsnow.html

jays you know i thought it was a link to tires…dick lol

discount tire’s website has been shitty the last few days. I always get my tires from there. Shipping is usually free also.

come see me or nitroinsane at sears auto in the eastern hills mall…we’ll probably be having some good deals starting once the weather starts to turn on us

It’s the whole “give a man to fish vs teach a man to fish” thing young grasshopper… :wink:

can you get deals for us w/o sales… like next week?

I’ll wait for you to buy that book first, and then borrow it from you funny man.

I know he said walmart…but there is none near me. That’s why I asked for an INTERNET source in my post ABOVE that (#4).

Get hooked on phonics yourself.

how do you not have a walmart near you … lol

come on man, not you too?

Actually the closest sams club is about 45 minutes south. Plus I don’t want to become a member for friggen set of tires.

lol in my hour drive home i pass 3 walmarts…

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1118243#post1118243 :tup:

Yes I have some lee way pending what you buy

just picked up some brand new blizzacks of craigslist 225 45 17- 4 tires for $225. woot woot. Im good to go for this winter :slight_smile:

shit. i really have learn this craigslist thing.