Winter Tires; So many to choose from - What works for you?

I’m looking to get winter tires this week; I’m forced to drive my car this winter and am having trouble deciding which rubber to go for…

A number of my co-workers have followed the media hype and purchased Blizzack’s… But I’d like to hear accounts/reviews from fellow RWD’ers…

So far… I’m tossing it up between the NEW Bridestone Blizzak and Michelin X-Ice…

So, for those who are driving 240sx’s this winter; Please let me know what your rolling on… Thanks~

well, i work at a car dealership and our snow tires are on sale now. the blizzaks definatly sell, but so far the best ive seen are perrelli’s. i cant remember the model but they looked teh sweetness!

i like the x ice, i had them last year and they worked well.

I’m running Toyo Observes. So far I’m the only one of the guys I know who hasn’t gotten stuck in snow yet :stuck_out_tongue: .

They work for me! A++

Nokia Hakkapeliitta

i read really good reviews about the Viking Snowtech’s. but so far i’m having trouble finding a tire dealer that still has them in stock, “late in the season”.

for some reason my tires say “NOKIAN Hakkapeliita 1”
is there a difference? obviously i know theres an extra “N” and a 1…but its so similar it just makes me wonder. Are these the cheap version of the original “Nokia Hakkepeliita”? thanks

for some reason my tires say “Nokian Hakkapeliita”
anyone know whats up with that?[/quote]

best winters available ^^^

and yes it’s Nokian :slight_smile:

My friend actually has the winter tires spelt as Nokia Hakkippellita. So i know gotboost didn’t spell it wrong. Hrmm?

my rents got nokians they are sick…

Whioops/.

Haka Q’s are amazing

^ tahts on mine too.

i can tromp on it off the light and i just hook :wink:

you can not buy a better one…

GT

I never winterdrove my car, but the previous owner did, and he also had Nokian Hakapelitas on it, so they can’t be bad :dunno:

The top shelf tires are the best… and even don’t think of buying anything made by Canadian tire

Although I’m in Ottawa, and I’m not sure if TO would need a tire with more ice capabilities, on my car I have Walmart magna grip snow tires… they are incredible in the snow, and alright on ice. They are cheap, but seem to be a well made tire (sidewall construction, wear etc). They aren’t great for cornering due to sidewall flex, but other than that I love them. I’ve had 2 winters and one summer on the tires, and at 60% they still dig better than motomaster snow tires that I had before.

Good value for your money

last year I ran pirelli wintersport 210’s on my mazda P5, they were sweet, no issues whatsoever. Unfortunately I have to drive my 240 this winter(just sucks), I wanted to store it. Good thing though Windsor dosen’t usually have bad winters. Snow tires this year are nokian Hakka’s and they seem to be just as good as the pirelli’s- NO complaints

Bridgstone Blizzaks and Toyo Observe G-02…AMAZING winter tires!!!

I have the Toyo Observes, they work well.