Winter toy #2

Caught some shit about the snow blower not being a cool enough “toy”. Maybe this will be better.

2000 Arctic Cat ZR 600.

Didn’t take long for the little monster to figure out what it was for.

The sled has 1800 miles and needs nothing other than a new rear bumper since the bolts pulled through. Carb not EFI but from what I’ve heard the carbs aren’t a big deal to keep tuned up. I am now shit out of room in my garage unless I want to start keeping a car in the driveway. The generator is going to get moved to the shed this weekend, assuming I can find the room in there for it. Definitely a cooler pickup than a snow blower.

:bigtup:

glad you went with a cat. these are awesome sleds for the money. still ran pretty good for non apv. get ahold of me if you want or need any work done with it. i can wrench on these with my eyes closed.

oh, and no need to buy a new bumper. drill some holes and add extra bolts. itll be good for a while longer. i had to do that with my 600, not yet on the 800. i just keep ripping snowflaps off from the front end lifting too far, lol.

Wow, that looks super easy to work on. I have a triple piped yamaha, and it is an absolute pita do to anything on. It looks real clean and well cared for, you’ll really enjoy it.

Definitely a cooler toy :tup:. Nice sled!

Had to post this:

blah blah blah. you and youre silly junk yamahas…the OP’s sled is a great runner, and is a zr3 chassis, which is well known to be a very reliable chassis, and is known as the “indy car” of snowmobiles when it comes to handling. not a single sled came close to the cornering of these sleds until 2010 when cat reworked the steering geometry on their twin spar sleds. not to mention that for the era the zr3 ride pretty nice. the OP’s sled actually rides nicer then the newer yamajunk, provided his shocks and springs are good and set up for his weight.

No shit man, those m1000’s are awesome machines.

i want bigger motor. lol.

my buddy has a cfr1000. 170 something hp and butloads of torque. dosent even have a ypipe on it, those pick up like 8-10 hp.

setup an f8 ho though and itll outrun a stock 1000. i rode a friends thats setup, its a rocketship. couldnt believe how well it takes the bumps either. so many “oh shit” moments end up being “did i even hit a bump?”

You know its march right?

Just dont install the thumb mod or become a parking lot super star.
If we even get a chance to go out again this season and you are out in the south towns i’ll ride with ya.
:tup:

Yep, that’s when the prices plummet and you can pick these up for a steal.

Very nice!!

snowmobiles are awesome fun

I almost went to go look at this when that guy was selling it on craigslist. Cool pick up.

I’m wondering what the best way to remove the old license numbers that are up on the cowl. As you can see in the 1st picture the current tags are down low next to the reflector and that’s where I want to keep it.

Colden Trail Riders are listing their trails as “temporarily closed”. Who knows, we may get a another blast in March. Cold temps at night will keep the ground firm, it’s a possibility we might be able to ride again. Who knows?

Heat gun or hair drier will work to get the old tags off. Technically that’s where its supposed to be. As long as you don’t have them on the tunnel you should be fine.

if you couldn’t figure out why he made this purchase now then that is just sad.

Hell I was already talking to a guy with an efi F7 with new top end from over the winter for $2000 with trailer.

That’s a great deal assuming it doesn’t have a lot of other stuff wrong with it.