Winterforce M+S w/ Studs or Blizzak REVO1

i have blizzaks and i’m on my 3rd season.

i can still drive around little awd SUV’s
snows and 2nd gear starts > soccer moms and all seasons.

Studded snows are perfect for RWD … I have run them on ALL my RWD winter beasts and i have NEVER got stuck …

for a FWD or AWD car … just run a good set of (4) snows … save some loot and run the Graspics … i know alot of people who have them and i hear no complaints

I ran winterforce M+S last year and I wasn’t to impressed. I live in Holland so its pretty hilly. This year im running WS-50’s and with the little snow we got yesterday they already proved to be much better.

I dunno I had them on my turbo Probe for the 3 weeks it was driveable lol. I loved em. they were freakin beastly. Didn’t get stuck once going out of my driveway (which is an incline when leaving) or at the parkinglot at the firehall (again, an incline). :gotme: I liked em and they are very affordable.

I’m not saying they are not good, they are very affordable and are way better than all seasons. They just didn’t have the bite that I like and have gotten before with other snow tires.

What else are good? Can’t really judge a tires performance on its tread design I guess. I’ve seen some that didint look like they would be that great and people say they are awsome. :gotme:

The Dunlop Graspic’s are good from what I’ve heard too and a bit cheaper than the Blizzak.

But what are you comparing them to?

Any kind of like performance winter tire…alot of the tread designes dont really look that agressive for snow. When I think snowtires I think of like the WS-50 and Winterforce and such…meaty tires for diggin into the snow and shit…not like, just deep single directional “sports” tires. I dunno…depends on the compounds and shit too. lol…Just goes to show my lack of knowledge in this field.

Sorry about my shitty spelling…Kinda typing with one hand cuz my arm is killin today…damn PT.

Honestly I cant remember all the snow tire sets ive tried, but in the last 10 years Ive been driving Ive had probaly 5-6 different types. Out of 1-10 with 10 being the best the winterforce I would say are 6-7ish and WS-50’s I have now are deffenitly solid 8 and humping 9. But you are right you cant judge a tire by its looks.

Yeah…some you would look at them and just naturaly think “hey that looks very agressive and meaty” like its going to be awsome, then end up sicking while the one that looks like it couldnt get up a dry hill beats it hands down in the snow. Damn technology!