wireless cards

Looking to get a Wireless card to go anywheres with internet.
I just want it mainly for Internet searches, Mapping, Calling out, and GPS.

Also, Could I make calls Via the laptop with this card? and is there a limit, or is this unlimited internet use?

If anyone has a Hook-up on this card and service, let me know. Looking to spend as little as possible

sounds like you may want a phone that you can connect to your computer… odds are you already have a cell phone bill so it may be a cheap option for you… just adding a little extra…

the wireless broadband cards. i’m not to sure on… but i don’t think they are as cracked up as they sound…

seems like you would get more mobility out of the cell phone connected to the computer though…

speeds, I’m not sure which is faster

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:2,topic:32985"”]

sounds like you may want a phone that you can connect to your computer… odds are you already have a cell phone bill so it may be a cheap option for you… just adding a little extra…

the wireless broadband cards. i’m not to sure on… but i don’t think they are as cracked up as they sound…

seems like you would get more mobility out of the cell phone connected to the computer though…

speeds, I’m not sure which is faster

[/quote]

Alot of times this is extra. I know Verizon charges a “teathering” charge per month on some plans if you dont have a PDA phone and there is no way around it. There isnt a way around it. Data calls dial #777 on your phone so you will get billed for it and they do know. Also, I know Verizon charges like $0.015 per kb which can get pretty costly. Check with your provider and see how much adding a card is. If you have a voice plan sometimes you can get a cheaper mobile internet plan with your card.

I have a sprint phone “Sanyo VI-2300” Don’t EVER Use it being I have a Cricket phone as well and cricket don’t offer data packages. I know, Why Two Phones? Sprint is a Business phone that a Guy I work for pay’s for it and I use Cricket as my Regular phone. So maybe I can switch the Sprint to a Data package and buy a USB Cord for it to plug into the Laptop to surf the Interweb.

if you are mainly gonna use gps if you buy microsoft streets and trips it comes with a gps card for your computer. If internet is what you are looking for verizon has those cards that work pretty well actually. I have used the verizon 6700 teathered to a computer and was surprised at how well it worked for the internet.