Wireless connection help needed

Keeping it short since I am in my works parking lot stealing the connection…

Anyway, my shithole hotel has wireless. For the last 3 weeks, it’s been unsecure. I go to the hotel the other day after work, and it’s now secure. The manager says he did not do it, and is offering no assistance. I’m assuming a guest got into the settings and changed them so he/she can hog the internet?

It sucks, because I’m going to have to find a new place to stay, just for this reason.

Well that’s possible, but the manager should know wtf is going on with his wireless. Are you sure it’s your hotels? Find the router and reset it. :rofl

192.168.1.1 FTW.

Not all routers use that IP Addys… IIRC Netgear and Dlink use differant ones

At least all the ones I have dicked with do

But yeah find the local addy of the router and see if the Admin/Admin name and password still works

I would make them refund you a portion of your stay.
If it’s supposed to include internet, and you’re not getting it…
Well you see where I’m going with this.

Or try Admin/12345.

Or Admin/blankpassword.

Or just have the manager reset the router by holding the button on the back down with a pin till the lights on the front flash/power cycle.

Well, the manager is near useless. I took my laptop down to the lobby last night, and it said the network is unsecure, but in my room it comes up as secure. I guess I need to threaten the dude in some way to reset whatever router goes to my room, or simply just move out. I’ll be doing one of those in the next couple days.

Sounds liek you may be picking up a wireless signal from another building possibly and the one in the hotel is not strong enough to reach all ends of the hotel…

biggest problem ive noticed with hotels is they have a single home user style linkys router that is not sufficient enough for the type of building

Who knows man, but thanks for the help.