Wireless switch?

Does this product exist?

what i’m looking for:

You connect through cables slingbox, mvix, etc… to switch

it connects wirelessly to router.

huh? i wireless router has a switch in it, im not sure what your trying to do here.

get 2 routers and have one uplink to the other?

You mean something that will give you a ethernet plug off your wireless?

Theyre like $80-120, might be able to get them cheaper…

Um… I dont know what theyre called…

what you want is a wireless access point. Basically it is a wireless card for a switch, but it is it’s own box. I would assume that they make WAP’s with a switch capability, but i havent been shopping for one since the good ole days of 802.11b, but if you take a standard WAP and plug a hub or switch into it you will be all set. Take a look at the Linksys WAP54G It should get you all set to go. linksys wap54g

detail what you want to connect and how and we can better help

Wireless bridge. It brings wireless to devices that don’t have a wireless card built in.

[quote=“Violator,post:6,topic:35375"”]

detail what you want to connect and how and we can better help

[/quote]

I have a sling box, and I’m getting a Mvix I want to connect them to the interweb and I don’t want to use power over ethernet

I have a wireless router with a computer connected to it via ethernet so I’m not moving it and getting a wireless card for the desktop.

You can also use a PowerLine unit to have the network through your home power cables.

I love this product :slight_smile:

XE104G kit is a 4-port hub on on side, and the other the receiver which plugs into the router/switch to transmit.

Check Newegg. Netgear makes it.