Wiring New Hatch HELP!!!

hey fellow soners

So the other day i decided to replace my rusted piece of shit of a hatch. I have a buddy that had a hatch in good condition so i bought it from him, cheap, i thought “great cheap hatch”. but then i looked at the wires, they had been cut.
so now i need help or a little guidance because now i have to wire back up my: 3rd brake light, rear windshield defroster, and rear wiper. I have looked at wiring diagrams already but they just look like a pile of numbers and lines and colours i dont really understand.

Has someone ever had to rewire a hatch like i have to, plz help me people, i really dont want a mechanic to get a hard on over this and charge me stupid amounts of money.

any feedback or links to a good guide on the internet would be greatly appreciated.:rolleyes::confused::run::eek2::noes:

msn me… as soon as i get my insurance straigtend out ill come hook it up for you.

i know ur not in a rush. lol

and anyways i got a brand new soldiering kit i gotta break in… :slight_smile: i think i got some heat wrap still kickin around so it will look better then stock…
ill do it pro bonno just give me a week or two.

Sick scott, thx buddy.
I’ll talk to you on msn.

swap the harness from your old hatch…

Or just match up the wire colours… :S

where is it cut to begin with? and matching the coulors is the easy way to go if its cut outside the hatch where it goes into the car. if its inside the hatch your screwed. its so hard to run the wires (i have tried so many times) but if thats the case just swap the harnesses

yeah it is cut outside of the hatch, right were that rubber gromit is. the only problem is the wires are already so tight, that it would be very difficult to just match the wires back up, if it was that ez i would have never started this thread. I think i need to extend the wires by adding 1 inch- 1 1/5 inch of wire to the existing harness, has someone ever did that?