WNY MMA Center

Anyone go here?

http://wnymma.com/5.2008pics/sa01.jpg

Has striking area, 5 rope ring, full MMA hex cage, etc

I found out tonite it’s about $120 a month, and the full classes are from 6-8pm every day. Everyone seemed alright, pretty good credentials etc.

So does anyone have a membership here? Reviews or comments? I think I’m taking my trial day friday at 6.

Also, both of my roommates are signing up for Tae Kwon Do at “Master Chong’s World Class Tae Kwon Do” in Lancaster

http://www.buffalotkd.com/img/locations/lanc-loc.jpg

Same deal. Anyone go here? Reviews? Sexually abused by creepy hairy instructor in pajamas?

MMA center is a nice clean facility, decent fighters come out of there. As far as the tae kwon do place i have no real insight on it except it seems very commercialized. More of a sport training than an ITF combat training. Depends on what you plan to get from it and use it for

** Do you have any prior training before entering MMA?

I took karate and kickboxing for a little while. Hosted a fightnight here, I’ve had about 10 full contact fights. The TKD place definitely seems sort of commercialized, good point. I don’t think my roommates will mind tho, think they just want to get in shape.

All stand up and no ground game. PM me if you want to know more about the MMA place and contact fights in the area

pm sent. and yeah my groundgame is beat. I can get someone to the ground pretty quick but once they’re there…

540guy would know about master chongs. Hes a double blackbelt through that school

i went to that MMA school. its right on Walnut in lockport.

The guys are awesome. I had a riot when i went. All different types of people and sizes.

I went everyday after work for a little bit. Id recommend it to anyone that really likes to scrap. I came in with no professional MMA skill, just a background in wrestling all throughout middle and high school and scrapping with all my friends and brothers.

I showed up in dress clothes from work ( wing tips, tie, etc) and asked if i could sign up. At first they wanted me to watch the class that was going on and whatnot. But when i showed them my shorts and said that i was ready to roll. They asked if i had any training, any injuries… and i was out there rolling with the group. I told the guys and gals that i was there to rock and roll, not to write a paper.

The school doesnt like to bring in ‘fresh meat’ right into scraps so if your new you might have to sit out 1st time physical matches but if you show your there for real and respect everyone there. The coaches will let you right in. My first boxing class the instructor asked if anyone wanted to box in the ring after the session, after half the class left i watch a couple guys go at it. Then the one guy i was training with asked if i wanted to go in with him. The coach was kinda shocked and surprised, but he let me go swing. I went 3 rounds with 3 different guys. I loved it and fit right in. Same for the submissions, with respect i told the coaches that i could roll with the group, and that i didnt come out there to watch from the side. He set me up against all different shapes and sizes.

Id love to go back, and the reason i went in the first place was to see how it was and see if i still got it. see how i compared to some amateurs that are training daily in MMA.

Here is a really cool look into the life of an MMA fighter.

Thanks Choda, sounds like an awesome experience. I told the guy the same thing… I want as much sparring time as possible and that’s why I didn’t go to any of the martial arts places around here.

awesome videos too!

i went to master chongs for like fucking twelve years, blow it up.

cliffs?

they are a mcdojo, you wont learn anything.

Not for me, but thanks. Why did you stay for 12 years? Just wondering.

i go here it seems like a good place ive been goin there for almost 2 months, im a begginer when it comes to this stuff aside from some wrestling in high school and they were really helpful. another good thing is that there are ppl there of all different skill levels so you wont just get beat up on

I went to WNYMMA for a while 3 years ago, but followed their jiujitsu coach ( chuck anlazone www.buffalobjj.com )when he left and made his own gym out on transit by Hybrid. I was too busy with school and work so I quit, but I know he moved his gym to somewhere in cheek. I still like to roll occasionally if I can find someone that wants to learn or wants to fuck around

I always felt like Jesse at WNYMMA was holding back some escapes etc.