Martial Arts

Who here is into martial arts? I know sombody here has to be. I use to study Ishenru, it was fun, i may get back into that styal. Im looking at other styals right now, just woundering if anybody here studies any forms and if they have any feedback. Right now I’m considering a few, Ishenru, Jujutsu, Akido, Kung Fu. It was recomended that I do somthing to stay in shape because of my back and i hate working out, figured matial arts would be a great way of getting in shape, and help with my massive lack of self discapline.

I have been taking Tae-kwon-do (not to be confused Rex-won-do :lol: ) for a few years now, and I really enjoy it. I leave every class dripping sweat knowing I got a great workout, mentally and physically.

do you get to use “numchuks”?

yes. Bo, and sai’s too.

yeah same with Ishenru…the place I use to go to…my sensai (sp) was trained by Master Dillon, who use to spar with Bruce Lee, there were pictures of them together all over the walls.

I just got done taking a semester of Karate :slight_smile:

i have been looking for a place relitively close to akron, and the only thing i have found is that krav joint. let me know if you find something around here.

I was taking combat SAMBO, wich is a mixed martial arts. Its kind of like that UFC crap you see on TV- alot of grabbling and submission moves. Really close to Brazian - Ju Jitsu. I was thinking of taking caepoia- but I really don’t have the money to do it right now.

I took Aikido for years and I’m currently looking for a place around here to continue practicing.

I was taking Nihon Goshinjutsu Aikido. www.aikidobuff.com The style is really good and seems real practical, including some excellent weapons disarming techniques. I didn’t really care for the Sensei or dojo though. If you can get past that I think it’s an excellent style. There is also a Nihon Goshin Aikido dojo listed in the yellow pages on Elmwood.

i do practiced Gracie Jujutsu once in a great while, but with a back round in wrestling with a knowledge of WWF submissions, its does me pretty good. :smiley:

I took ishenru at bill adams (his old place and new place) for a few yrs got up to brown with black stripe after that was red w/black stripe and then black. Got a dirtbike and soon after i stopped goin to karate. I’d like to get back into sumthing like that but I dont think I got the time anymore. If I were to take anything I think it would be boxing or kickboxing, something you could really use.

my brother used to take Tae-kwon-do (i beleive) @ bill adams … which is why its extra funny when i manage to get him in a head lock when we fight

heard you have ninja turtle outfits also :gotme:

Transit town plaze, like right across the street from the krav mga place. The “karate” place…its actually Ishin Ryu, an Okanowan form of karate. Very good, i got to my yellow belt, only had to take the test for my orange but i quit cuz im dumb…i coulda been like realy realy good by now if i had stuck with it. I may go back there again.

Pencak silat has and will always be my baby–but nobody around here teaches it anymore. :frowning:

? thats that, ive heard of Sevate, thats French.

well, http://www.pencaksilat.com/principles.html , but there are major disagreements on its origins. Fairly complex.

still never heard of it

:word: +1

Aikido looks like alot of fun, but does it offer a good workout? im looking for somthing to help me get into good overall phisical shape.