WNY Real Estate

ayMwN2X_700b

Boiler heat.
I disliked mine until I switched to a combi tankless unit (navien fire tube) and has been much better.
I guess that is what happens when you replace 60yr+ tech with highly efficient “smart” solution.
Also, gained half a room in my basement replacing the hot water tank and old boiler with something that hangs on the wall.

2 Likes

Naviens are the best, I spec them on all my projects and have never had an issue. The buffer tank makes them work much better than a standard unit. Great choice

I have always wanted to go tankless.
Is that a premium brand or something? Web site says you must be a licensed plumber. lol

My house came with a 30 gallon tank and it cannot even fill a bathtub. showers are fine, unless you are a teenager boy or girl that cannot seem to finish a shower un under an hour.

I’m torn between going tankless and spending the $$ upfront for install, or going to a power vented tank unit so I can eventually take down the stupid ass chimney/stack since all that is vented is my 20 year old tank.

Referals I got swore by them. Only issue people mistake tankless/unlimited hot water with instant.
I added recirculating hot water as well to minimize lag, but still slightly longer to get some heat.

This unit does both my hot water and boiler heat so it is managing and prioritizing between the three (2 zones and hot water).

There was a tankless unit already installed when we bought our house, but the type b vent from the old tank unit was still running up through a closet. I took that out and opened the closet up all the way.

As for the tankless unit, my only complaint is @BigRon’s instant comment. Out kitchen is pretty far from the unit and the faucet takes a while to actually get the hot water.

1 Like

So. If i just keep the existing tank and add tankless, i get faster got water?
:grinning:

I have a friend with a traditional boiler and a 30 gallon tank with an indirect setup. Basically, best of both worlds but much larger footprint.

Tankless Coil and Indirect Water Heaters | Department of Energy.

When we bought our current house the boiler was original. Rather than wait for it to shit the bed, we installed a Viessmann Vitodens unit. Its like an on demand boiler, about the size of a suitcase, and it has coils that circulate through a separate 40gal tank for hot water. It heats both the house and the hot water.

https://www.huntrealestate.com/ListingDetails/25-Lebrun-Circle-Amherst-NY-14226/B1450856

down another $50k as of today.

I like this from Zillow for that property…
|9/8/2021|Listed for sale|$1,250,000 (+420.8%) $275/sqft|
|9/29/2003|Sold|$240,000 $53/sqft|

Purchased in 2003 for 240k, then when it first went on the market in 2021 they wanted 1.25 million and have been dropping the price ever since. Wonder what it will finally sell for?

EDIT: Going through the pictures the flow feels really weird in that house.

That house is hideous in so many ways, no wonder it’s been dropping. If you’re going to spend $600k+ on a house, it better not need complete remodeling unless it’s some crazy nice area. Lebrun is a good area if you want to pretend to live in the city but in reality live near a bunch of rich white people across from the golf course.

You are a 2 minute walk from Bailey Ave…lolololol…no thanks.

All of this.

Here’s your neighbor’s house a few doors down. Not that there is anything wrong.

you guys havent mentioned the proeprty taxes yet…

$18,633/yr

LOL.

That’s more than Village of Hamburg.

Hamburgs property taxes ive noticed are pretty high too though

They are, but you’re paying for a neighborhood that you can let your kids ride bikes around.

1 Like

… Instead of your neighbors riding around on your kid’s bikes.

4 Likes