WNY Real Estate

I wish i was in the market… https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6960-Lake-Shore-Rd-Derby-NY-14047/82773000_zpid/

1 Like

All that and no garage

I noticed that but they mention a 7 stall barn…

1 Like

I’d never want to live on Lake Erie or Lake Ontario. Too large of a body of water. If I’m buying waterfront, and that’s the plan on retiring, it will be somewhere I can drop in a boat lift and have my boat right at my house. Niagara River, Finger Lakes etc… or being honest not in this state.

1 Like

Id keep my boat 5 minutes away at sturgeon point. A buddy has a cottage on black creek in canada with the boat, cool setup but with it comes bugs.

Keep a boat sitting in the water… :-1:

Yea im not a boat person enough to know the issues. He puts his in and leaves it there through the summer, has a garage on the water it sits in.

Growing up with my family’s summer place on the St. Lawrence River in Quebec there’s is nothing better than having your boat right at your place on something like this:

That’s my uncle’s boat on the lift with the cover, and mine sitting next to it when we went up for a visit. The St. Lawrence is the ideal body of water IMO. Not crowded (at least up in Quebec), tons of islands, great fishing, clear/clean water. With a lift the boat is safe so you’re not worrying about it every time a storm comes up. It’s protected so the sun isn’t destroying it as it sits out. It’s not getting a gross buildup on the bottom because it’s not sitting in the water. And best of all you walk out anytime you want, press a button and it lowers into the water with everything already stored on the boat and you hop in and take off (unlike the marina where you can’t leave much for valuables on board).

3 Likes

i’ll pass on $30k+ in property taxes…

2 Likes

Great fishing in keebeck

1 Like

realtor sent us this… look at picture #4… who even thought this was a thing

4 Likes

LOL they have an HOA, wonder how the heck they manage to ever fly without complaints.
Edit: I see now

1 Like

For those who hate general regional airport traffic overhead.

Known about these since Travolta was all over the news for the crazy one he built. He’s REALLY plane obsessed though, was even flying a converted Quantas 707 for quite a while.

Waterfront with a 58’ octagon for a garage listed as 12 car.

Also, for the “maybe I’ll buy a fixer upper cheap on Rushford Lake” people… Here’s an as is basically shack for $400k. :joy:

1 Like

Octagon must come with 6 lifts lol

1 Like

Waterfront property has boomed since COVID. But then again, what hasn’t.

1 Like

Its insane, I was looking at a couple places in Old Forge on 4th lake the last couple years. Looked at the zillow listings and found a few gems where people had over priced their lakefront property in 2018/2019, couldn’t sell it for like $400K, then after covid sold it for $700. You literally can’t touch anything under a million up there on the lake at this point. It’s just stupid.

Deceptive by the photos, but says 2,700 sqft of floor, confirmed by google maps measuring tool. My shitbox can fit in a 16x7 trailer, but even a generous 20x10 space would check out to 13.5 cars.

… that’s bigger than a 40x60 pole barn…

DODECagon, by “blueprint”

1 Like

My real estate agent told me he had a lady looking for waterfront “anywhere in the park” (which is HUGE) but he couldn’t find her anything under $1m. And this was back in 2020…