WNY Solo Champagne Run, 9/17, ECC-N

Win SM - check.
Beat Rick and Ron Goetz by a second - check.
Cord my tires - ohhhh, check…
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/%7Ejmperrin/IMAGE_00019.jpg

Couldent make it unfortunately. Went to dave and busters last night. 2 of my friends got drunk. Played poker, they got even more drunk. One of them started talking shit and kept escalating each other. By 2AM they wanted to take each others heads off with a beer bottle. Spent 2 hours trying to calm them down. By 4AM drove one friend home. In bed by 5am.

Trust me I would have much rather have been at the Auto-X. I guess Im gonna have to make a run for the n00b class next year. F-in pisses me off. I should have just broken a beer bottle over both thier heads would have ended alot sooner.

That was a good time. Got to drive lots of cars durring fun runs. The mini was suprisingly fun.

I am so f—ing wasted right now.

You people need to learn how to tip.

Great day weather wise, car was the typical mediocre fashion, I smell like hamburger grease and weiners.

It’s good to see that many novices out.

I took Cory’s integra out for a couple of fun runs… it was fun for sure… should have driven it all day, could have had 2nd or 3rd in Novice I bet.

this was the first autox that i wentto go see and i loved it. was such a fun time and i took over an hour of vidoe with a borrowed video camera, so theres deffinantly going to be a load of film

i appologize if i completely missed getting vids of everones car, at some points i could only manage to get every THIRD run because of the timing of the runs

:tup: to anyone that allowed me to ride shotty during the fun runs, i would up riding in the mazda wagon, the black 4 door focus, the silver miata, and a bunch of other cars

and oh yea … never NEVER talk smack to the guy with the microphone … cause he’ll take ya behind the van and teach you a lesson … lol

that run was so hot, glad i managed to get it on camera for ya :slight_smile:

Hehe. That’s dirty.

I’m glad you had such a good time…next year I better see you out there tearing it up. I had a great time chatting it up with you. :tup:

^^ the best was alex afterwards:

“you flew like 10 feet !”

hopefully ill be out beating the piss out of my car next year…

Were you the guy on the roof?

yes, at first it was me and sam up there w/ me shooting, then it was somedude and i up there, with alex shooting. i eventualy migrated to the lawn, and then later i was between the van and the first set of gates, which turned out to probably be the best spot

haha, nice. I’m editing some photos right now…

I must say that video came out great, i think I will turn off the image stabilizer next time because I think it actually makes the video more shakey… new camera i’ll have to play with it a bit. there is about 60 min of track futage. lots of cars but definately not everyone (sorry) I will do my best to get them posted ASAP but it will take a day or two.

it was nice to get to run the SHO again. I only got to make 2 events in it but it was still a blast. I need tires so i can take advantage of the power it has in the straights and the larger brakes that were installed.

durring the fun runs I let sam take the SHO for a run… he had a smile on his face he ran a 55.XXX then pointed out that he is not used to spinning leaving a corner, spinning through the entire straight :slight_smile: O loled a bit.

oh yea … after taking all these vids today, and not being able to use a tripod due to having to do a 180* pan for every run … i got to thinking …

i have a 6 channel radio control system for RC airplanes,which …with some simple mods to one of the servos… could become a radio controled camcorder mount with pan, tilt, zoom, and a servo for record/pause also … and it would give me 359* pan capability

and oh yea, i have rate switches for 2 of the channels, which would allow for a snap pan back to the start line, and a lower rate for the run, making the controls less touchy for smooth video

:slight_smile:

Results are up, as well as Final class points and pax points. Final points are FINAL 14 days from today. See the wny-scca.com forums for how to contact me should you have an issue with the results.

well the 1st few events i made it too were great…i am pissed i couldnt finish the year though…always next year

I actually beat Dale’s raw time! The course really rewarded those who could put power down, and were crazy enough to stay on the gas the whole time.

The course really rewarded those who could put power down, and were crazy enough to stay on the gas the whole time.

I don’t think it was a horsepower course at all. It was greate for small cars though. After driving the mini, I can see why it is hard to beat in PAX. Doesn’t have any power, but maintains speed really well.

By reward, I meant having way more fun :slight_smile:

Meh, I beat his raw time and his PAX time… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and his tires were already pretty much shot at Xerox the week before, I think he was struggling all day because of that.

see post #21 in this thread…