women of pittspeed, i have a question

really?

:bigthumb:

i’m a smart person and spent more than $30 on a purse for a xmas gift.

why buy a porsche when you can get a geo for $6k?
why eat at the le mont when you can have mcdonalds for $3.99

someone isn’t smart or dumb for making a purchase, if it’s makes you happy and is quality, then it’s sold. i buy ‘nice’ dress pants for work… they are the same size and color as Kohl’s brand pants, i just enjoy the quality of the product, am i dumb for that?

you let your husband spend 2 times over that amount on car parts, how does that make any more sense??? car parts are just hunks of metal and plastic that go on cars… just as a purse is just a bag…

Some of these purses you can tell are fake, others you really have to look at the stitching - that’s why I go to NYC. I have the same Coach purse and another girl I work with and the only difference is one stitch on the right of the handle.

You can also get the real thing in NYC for around $150…

PSSTTTTTTTTTTT !

I think you just got him in trouble.

I don’t let him buy any car parts that are not necessary for the function of the vehicle. He does that on his own.

well looking a carb for 300+ and a purse, i still think both are useless!!!

but a girl can carry a nice purse EVERYDAY for what, a year? and 200-300 is too much?? yet they buy shoes for $75 and wear them maybe once every 2 months and it’s justified?.. dumb

i like nice things and wanted to get nice things for jenn… so that’s what i did, i think it’s well worth it and if you ask her, i think she will agree.

also, i dont’ care about imatation this and that… the difference, whether one thread or not, is that one is FAKE and one is real… i could care less how many people get fooled… it’s still a fake piece of shit at the end of the day!

She probably realizes that the “fake” looks the same as the real to 99% of the popluation, and day to day, there’s no difference to her either, so there’s no reason to pay full price.

After-all, it’s not like it’s going to break-down on the way home.

I do agree though, just because some watches cost $10,000 and it tells time the same as my $20 timex, doesn’t mean a person who buys it is “stupid.”

Some people say buying premium gas is stupid, but some of us know the difference. And some people have so much money that they don’t really care if they overpay. You can be pretty smart, but still have more money than brains.

But most times you are simply paying for a name not quality… I think that is part of the point some of us are trying to make.

What if the KOHLs pants were made of a nicer material than the ones you buy now? Would you purchase the KOHLS pants or the more expensive ones because they are a name brand and not fake?

:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

they aren’t the same or better material… that’s the point i’m making!!! that’s why i iddn’t even list the brand of pants i like because the name means nothing and the ‘build quality’ means everything!!! :doh:

just like the fake purses are nothing like the real ones… i could give a shits less to argue about it!!! but please trust me.

i worked for a lawfirm that did intel property for LV out of philly… we had some the BEST rip-off fake purses on the market for exhibits in court and you could see the difference when you had the real thing side by side.

I really hate to say it but I agree with fshowcars on this one. :smiley: :love:

I’d be returning that purse for some cash, but I just like money more than purses. I got one of those gift bags from bath and body works with lotions and bath gels in them, i ripped those out and sat and admired the purse. So I could care less which style of coach or dooney and bourke purse I am carrying today, I got me a fuzzy purse from bath and body works!

I paid a pretty penny for my girlfriends coach bag this christmas… it was a hard to find pattern too.

Yes, I know it’s real, got it directly from coach

i think $600 for a purse is ridiculous, but most women, not all, but most women have a different way of thinking than men. We get all excited over a $400 car part, and they could care less about it and dont see how we could justify paying that for it, But could justify spending $600 on a purse. Same thing works in reverse, we get excited over expensive electronics and car parts, they get excited over clothes, purses, and shoes.

You have to learn to use it to your advantage though. If she chooses to buy a $200 pair of shoes, that not my problem, because I know she will get sick of them and they will sit in the closet after a month. But…a $200 shopping spree for my girlfriend will net me about $400 worth of car parts, so i let her go. I let her shop and then I say, well since you bought some things, i am going to buy some parts for the car, and since she is still in the giddy phase over her new purchase, i break out the debit card and start ordering from Summit. This only works within the first week or so of the shopping trip, because after that she is bored with her purchase, and then she doesn’t want you blowing money on car parts when her two week old shoes are already outdated.

amen.

i think the whole point here is quality not quanitty. Just like how I bought jewelery for my girl. I could have bought some crappy ass diamonds with no clarity, but I choose not to. If your going to spend the money why not spend it on something that is worth it.

If someone else bought ME a Coach purse, and I liked it and it worked for me I’d dammed well keep that sucker. If it didn’t work I’d exchange it and get one that worked for me. If she doesn’t LIKE the purse and won’t CARRY it, then take it back, or exchange it if she likes the idea of having a Coach purse…

I have two purses that my husband bought as gifts that I know cost in the $300 range (Brahmin) They will last for many more years. I’d rather have a well made purse that will last forever, than own fifteen $30 purses in 15 years…

LOL Genna bought one off of a guy who was “avoiding” police for 45 bux and can’t find anything that’s fake about it. Either they’re getting really good at copying them completely or this was stolen.

I bought a Louis Vuitton purse off some customer on McKnight Rd one day. He had a whole durango full of them. $60 got me a purse and a wallet. I hated that damn purse so bad I turned around and sold it for $50. I couldnt find anything on it to show it fake, and he even said it was fake. I didnt give a shit, I thought I liked it.

noway, that’s to much. i paid 100 for my carb, then he refunded me 20 back cause i told him the floats were AFU. my torque convertor was less than 100. do you see the trend here. i’m a cheapskate.

you would have been better off mentioning the bike rather than car parts. the bike gets the best of everything.