Woodward Avenue

Just wondering if anyone on here is planning on going up to Detroit for the Woodward Avenue dream cruise next weekend. I’m leaving tuesday night if I get my transmission back from Liberty in time. If not I’m going to pick it up on the way and put it in in the hotel.
For those of you that don’t know what woodward ave is, its a car cruise that attracts 400,000++ cars and over 5 million people from all over the u.s. There is also some crazy street racing up there, way better than around here. 2 years ago, I saw a 8.85 70 Chevelle run a 9.0 turbo mustang on the 4 lane. Talk about insane. They hooked like crazy too. Anyhow, just wondering if anyone planned on attending. I’m going up w/ about 100 people from the Knights.

would like to,but cant!

take pics and video !!! i can add it to my dvd racing video !!! thanks !

Sounds like a great time.

I miss the VW Drive days…

i would love to go also but i’ve taken 4 trips already this year and i still have another one in the works.

i am not going …and bad 88 where are you from…i live close

:cool: i’m kinda close. But i probably wouldn’t go by myself :bash:

:confused:

If I had a video camera, I’d love to get some video of the street racing up there. 2 years ago I could have made a 1 hour video of just the racing we watched, and everything was a 12 second car or better. I’m going to try to get one.

that would be sweet!!!

Well, Woodward was better than expected. Got to visit Livernois Motorsports also while I was there and I even got 2 passes on their dyno free of charge since I brought 30 people to their facility. It is bad. They must have had 40 cars there getting worked on. Everything from supercharged/turbo stangs, vettes, f-bodys, turbo charged Escalade, twin turbo Cobra kit car, and a 650rwhp/746ftq 04 mach 1 stang with a completely stock long block. Single turbo car. Bad to the nuts. I was ashamed of my 529rwhp# after seeing that.
We never got to see any street racing though. It rained most of the day Friday, so late in the night we just did a little light to light action on Woodward. I did get spanked by the GM Performance Test GTO. Boy was it bad. It had a 392 c.i. LS2 in it. Its hugger orange w/ 20’s. It had 355’s on the bad and 305’s on the front. 6 speed w/ independint rear w/ 430’s. Bad ass. My buddy’s friend works in GM’s research and development department for GM’s performanc cars, so he gets to drive them when ever he wants. Thats how I got a few light to light encounters w/ that thing.
He also was driving a 1/2 Trail blazer/Buick SUV with an LS2 in it. Its eventually going to be a SS Trailblazer next year, but test vehicles are cool. Major burnouts. You def. want to go to this event next year.

http://www.storagebin.us/uploads/smilies/ttiwwp.gif

Can’t you read or what? I’m just letting everyone know what they missed. If you want pics, don’t click on this thread then!

sounds like some real deal cars :bigok:

sweeeeeeeeeet,maybe next year!

been there before, it is awesome

maybe next yr