work needed...anything

Hello all. Im not sure where this topic would go ,i felt it was most appropriate here, please move it if it is not MODS.

I am looking to buy a 240sx soon, and i really want to be able to work on it myself, as much as possible. But i ahve no mechanical experience, i am good with tools and such as to my knowledge, but not a mechanic in any sense. I am now also lookign for work to do over the summer. I dont really care how much it pays, even fi it doesnt pay anythign ,im lookign to work at perhaps someone’s shop or somethign in teh Toronto area so i cna get some skills and knowledge to work on my own car. I dont really care what im doing, changing tires, body stuff, anything…If anyoen could point me in the right direction that would be great:D Id appreciate that all too much.

Thanks

-Daniel

If you don’t mind volonteer work, try walking in some mechanic shops to offer your help and get general mechanical knowledge.

However, it would be much nicer to be working with ppl from the forum as they have 240 specific knowledge.

if you really are only looking for some experience you might be best off just getting cozy with some fellow members in your area… i’ve learned a lot about our cars over the past year or so since I got mine just from going over to buddies places to help them with their cars.

i’m still an uber noob, though :wink:

yep^ mae friends on SON and give them a hand whenever they do car work, everyone likes free help, even unskilled, as long as they want to help.

^^ and don’t ask too many questions

… and don’t get in the way

Problem is…there arent too many guys on ehre lving in my area…but yea if anyoen needs an extra pair of hands…seriously im willing to help with anything…even just stadning there and holding your tools, just to learn…

Is anyone here from the Thornhill/Richmondhill area?

do you still have a ride? over in the west end almost every weekend we have someone doing some work of some sort…

my car comes back from the shop soon (hopefully) and I’m sure I’ll have a few weekends of work in her since it will be a completely new set up.

If you’re willing to take the drive over here you’re welcome to hang around, talk, eat pizza, bbq, etc with us west-enders :slight_smile:

Wow, people on here really are nice :slight_smile:

By west end you mena like the Sauga area? I could prolly get down there in a few weeks, ocne ive got my license…im getting i in a few days/weeks…

That would be wicked man ,i would really appreciate that

There are tons of Thornhill/ Richmond Hill guys. Hit one of Vlad and Chris’ friday chillen meets.

I want to ,but i cant i got no ride…those richmon hill meets ahve gotten pretty big in the past couple weeks, its craaazy stuff…lots of ppl show up there.

I’d be interested myself to participate.
Make sure you make a post about it.

i might need some help during august.need to replace somethings and install my my kit. i am located by wonderland so your not to far.

i hope you dont mind daniel, but im in basicaly the same situation as you, looking for experience on these cars or cars in general. i have some experience as i have worked with my dad restoring a couple antiques, but no real hands on with motors, suspension etc… so if anyone needs a hand with anything in the scarborough/toronto area thats not to far from me as i dont have my G2 yet so id have to get a ride or take the train/bus.

HAHA, Trevor…its cool man, its not just for me, its for anybody liek us…people who wanna learn about these cars and get some ahnd on experience. Trevor, we should work on YOUR car together…or get together sometime and play around with that scrap car you got 8).

Accelr8, i dont mind helping you out at all. Hit me up when you decide to do whatever it is your going to install. I also know somebody else in your/my area (closer to you) who would probably be interested.

OSAD how about swapping in a ka24de into my s13? hope you have a hoist and a air compressor and stuff handy.

wait we need someone with mechanical experience lol

Yea that might help…plus man im 17!!! where would i have a fucking Hoist and Ari compressor from!!! But hey, if you seriously wanna do the swap…id LOVE to do it man!

i will keep you posted.hey send me your msn

see that would be a good idea, but i dont want to start modifying it before i can even start driving it lol :lol: (lack of money’s another issue :frowning: ) and as of right now it dosent need any repair or maintenance work so theres really nothing we could do to it… and i still havnt got the parts car yet :?

accelr8, if you dont mind having another pair of semi-unexperienced hands around i could possibly be able to make it up there depending on when ur doing the swap. there dosnt seem to be too many people on here in the scarborough area…

Is your street 240 all stock? I thought you already ahd some mdos on it…Anyways when u get the parts car THAT SITTING A FEW DOORS DOWN lol, we should im not saying modify it, but just play around with it, liek take shit apart and try and put it back together…learn that way haha.