Worlds fastest street car!! (top gear?)

or you could spend more and have a much slower car …

anyone remember teh vid on ubrf of the guy that sunk 100+ grand into his f-bod and had a stupid slow car

it was a video that had clips of the guy on one of those “life of a street racer” msnbc type shows, and it was edited top show how much of a pussy he was … wouldnt race the guy with the mustang that kept calling him up

someone go on ubrf and search for “hotrodkid” and “lingenfelter” … cause i know i mentioned how the guy could have spent LESS money at lingenfelters shop had had a wicked fast car

did anyone else miss post #6?

with 2200 hp it would go way faster then 7.80. my dad runs 7.90 and has 998hp and 300shot on top of that

is your dads car street legal and how much does it weigh, how aero dynamic is it, many factors come into play when drag racing

Yeah, a good friend of mine runs a car with ~800-850hp and a 300 shot and it goes 9 flat. It’s a mostly full weight '72 Chevelle though, so it’s tugging around ~4k lbs.

Turbo cars are also hard to get off the line (relatively) and that car looks like a lead sled.

I am unfamiliar with the laws in the U.K., but would this thing even be legal in the U.S.?

And, at the end of the video, how the hell can they even compare this to a Veyron?

Even here in the PRNY, it’s pretty open other than safety stuff for a car that was manufactured pre-emissions. If it’s pre '65, it doesn’t even need belts. I have pruned some from the text below from the NYS DMV website.

ITEMS INSPECTED ON CARS AND LIGHT TRUCKS

The following safety equipment must be in good condition at all times, and is evaluated when a vehicle is subjected to New York State inspection.

Seat Belts
Inspect for proper operation and anchorage.

• Model years 1969 and newer - one seat belt is required for each seating position.

• Model years 1967 and 1968 - two front seat belts are required (driver position included), and one seat belt is required for each seating position elsewhere in the vehicle.

• Model years 1965 and 1966 - two front seat belts are required (driver position included).
    Brakes
    At least one front wheel must be removed to inspect brakes.

• Brake pedal reserve - brake pedal must have 1/3 reserve.

• Brake pedal fade - brake must hold for one minute without fading.

• Power brake unit - check for damage.

• Brake master cylinder - check for leakage and proper fluid level.

• Disc brake pads - check condition.

• Drum brake linings - thickness of linings must be at least 1/16 inch on bonded linings or at least 1/32 inch over rivet head on riveted linings, with no loose or missing rivets or lining.

• Brake drums and/or rotors - check condition.

• Wheel cylinders and/or calipers - check for leakage.

• All brake lines and hoses - check for leaks, cracks, improper support, flattened, etc.

• Parking brake - check for components and function.

• Brake equalization - test vehicle for a straight stop without significant wheel pull.
    STEERING, FRONT END, SUSPENSION, CHASSIS, FRAME, WHEEL FASTENERS

• Front end assembly - check condition.

• Steering wheel play - check for excessive freeplay.

• All steering linkage - check for tightness or binding, excessive wear and/or looseness in parts, including idler arm, center control arm, tie-rod ends, drag link ends, steering and pitman arms gear box, cross shafts, bushings, wheel bearings, steering column or steering wheel shaft mounting.

• Power steering - check operation, condition of belt, and for leakage.

• Shock absorbers - check shock mountings and for broken or missing shock absorbers.

• Springs and torsion bars - check for sagging or broken springs, or a broken, disconnected, missing or bent torsion or stabilizer bar.

• Chassis/frame - check for breaks, cracks, or severe rust at the suspension attachment points.

• Wheel fasteners - check for missing or broken parts.
    Each Tire (Except spare)

• Tread depth - must be at least 2/32 inch when measured in two adjacent major tread grooves showing the most wear.

• Tire condition - check for any fabric break or cut over 1 inch, visible bumps, bulges or knots, and any restricted use designation on the tire.
    Lights
    All lighting must be of an approved type and inspected for operation, proper mounting, and broken or missing lenses:

• Headlights (low and high beam).

• Tail lamps.

• Stop lamps.

• Directional signals.

• Backup lights (1969 and newer).

• License plate lights.

• Hazard warning/four-way flasher (1966 and newer).

• Directional signal indicator.
    Windshield And Other Glass

• Windshield - check for presence and condition.

• All windows - approved safety glass or rigid plastic and condition.
    Windshield Wipers And Blades

• Wipers - check for presence and operation.

• Blades - check condition.
    Horn

• Check mounting and operation.
    Mirrors
    Check mirror location and mounting, and for cracks, breaks, or discoloration:

• Model year 1970 and newer - check adjustable interior and left outside mirror.

• Model year 1968 and 1969 - check interior mirror and one left outside mirror.

• 1967 and older - check interior mirror or left outside mirror.
    Note: Vehicles with a permanent obstruction of the view through the rear window (e.g. pickup cap) must have both left-side and right-side outside mirrors.

The Emissions Inspection

Most gasoline powered vehicles are required to have a yearly emissions inspection, which will be done at the same time as the safety inspection. Vehicles that fail to comply with inspection standards will be rejected.

Vehicles exempt from the emissions inspection are: vehicles manufactured for the current model year or are one model year old, vehicles 26 model-years old or older, vehicles registered with historical or vintage plates, vehicles that are electric powered, and vehicles with diesel engines. Beginning June 1, 1999, diesel-powered vehicles over 8,500 Pounds will be subject to annual emissions inspection or random roadside inspection, depending on where they, are registered in the state.

A High Enhanced emissions inspection is required for vehicles registered in the nine county New York Metropolitan Area (NYMA) of Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, and the five counties within New York City, The purpose of this inspection is to measure the amount of hydrocarbons, oxides of nitrogen, and carbon monoxide pollutants coming from the vehicle exhaust. The High Enhanced emissions inspection includes a Simulated driving condition test (on a dynamometer) for gasoline powered vehicles, 1981 model year and newer, that weigh 8,500 pounds or fewer. An “idle emissions test” (engine at idle only) is required for gasoline powered vehicles that weigh more than 8,500 Pounds, are less than 26 model years old, and were manufactured for the 1980 model vear or- older.

A Low Enhanced inspection is required for vehicles registered in counties outside this area. Vehicles registered in counties within the Low Enhanced inspection area are not subject to the sit-simulated driving condition test or the idle emissions test.

In all areas of the state, the High Enhanced and Low Enhanced emissions inspections require a check for the presence and connection of required pollution control devices. The vehicle’s gas cap is also checked for its presence, condition, and proper fit. In addition, an “on-board diagnostic” (OBD) check is required for vehicles of model year 1996 and newer.

The following pollution control devices are examined if the vehicle was originally manufactured with them. The vehicle model years affected are indicated.

• Positive crankcase ventilation system (PCV) - 1968 and newer.
  • Catalytic converter (CAT) - 1975 and newer.
  • Fuel inlet restrictor (FIR) - 1984 and newer.
  • Exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR) - 1973 and newer.
  • Thermostatic air cleaner (TAC) - 1984 and newer.
  • Air injection system (AIS) - 1984 and newer.
  • Evaporative emission control (EVAP) - 1984 and newer.

is it just me or does 5mpg actually seem pretty good for the amount of power its puttin out?

Well, it’s not gettin’ 5 mpg when it’s at WOT. The BSFC for a motor like that might be in the 1lb/h/hp range. So, at WOT, 200mph it ought to use about 2000lbs/h, which is ~333gallons. IOW, about 0.6 mpg.

i would agree

its realy easy to get like 8mph out of a car that makes 100 hp but is running like shit

or for example, minisrt4 gets 8mpg highway in his Jimmy when its stuck in 4WD

5mpg in a 2200hp car is freakin niiiice

Hahha, when your foots in it, your getting 3 gallons per mile.

well im not up on my conversions but they were speaking in pounds

ok so its $125,000 in American dollars which is even worse haha

Please see post #17

i heard there is an ls23 in it :lol:

Wha?

haha, yea guess i did DoH

that car is tits! 9.3L V8 twin turbo, just saying it gives me chills

Fuckin shitty school comps dont have the right flash player…grrr. Wont let me DL it either lol. I need to work on my leet haxor skills.