Worst Gym ever !! Planet fitness

Okay so here is the story and issue i am having with colonie planet fitness.

I have been going on a regular basis to colonie Planet fitness for about a month and a half straight every weeknight from 7:30 - 9:30. They directly take out the money from my account and dont have any issues with them. Initially when i signed up they didnt have a key chain tag and didnt issue me one and that didnt bother me one bit due to me not wanting one.

so for the month and a half i have been coming in telling them the first three letters of my last name and my first name and they find me within a second and say okay your all set. i have been asked once or twice at most if it was a hassle and if i would like a key chain tag so i dont have to tell them my name. i respectfully declined and said na im okay.

everything was all good up until last night when i came in and they asked again if i wanted a key chain tag and i again respectfully declined and the manager says and i quote " thats kind of a dick move to make us type your name in " to which i reply " thats your job and now i definitely dont want a key tag" .the manager says you need a key tag from now on and they scan me in one and hand it to me. i say okay and go about my work out.

Earlier today, i called up loudonville and glenmont planet fitness and asked the policy about key tags and if it was grounds for termination of a membership and they all laughed at me and said no way. i asked if they had customers that did that and they said they had quite a few that don’t carry anything into the gym and just give their name… hence the photograph when you sign up for a membership.

Sooo tonight i came in to work out and gee wizz i forgot the key chain tag again. the front desk person says you cant work out and are not allowed in the gym. i replied i pay my membership and dont disrupt anyone, you see my picture on your screen with my last name and i have my drivers license here to prove who i am. he says we cannot let you come in to which i said how are you planning on stopping me? call the police if you like and i went about my work out.

as im working out half way in a employee from the front desk says you can work out tonight and we didnt call the police but your membership has been canceled. i say can you give me your district managers name and phone number as well as your corporate number and he says he doesn’t know off the top of his head but he will by the end of the night.

end of the night comes and i am about to leave so i ask him for the information and he says he dosent know and i can just come talk to his manager ( guy who told me i was a dick ) so i say can i have a copy of the contract and he says no we are closing now and we cannot give those out ( mind you i have one at home since i signed up )

I am going to talk to the district manager tomorrow morning and i will try and get ahold of corporate to see about the customer service with these dick heads. Fuck planet fitness but here’s the thing the one in colonie is closest to me and obviously preferred one but since they cancelled my account i cannot go to any now. so i obviously have to take it up with the heads. This doesn’t seem right or fair does it? no other planet fitness cares and it is not written anywhere about the key chain.

Try a real gym like ABC in Latham

It’s a he said/she said, but having a chat with the manager might be a good idea anyway.
They may have other people complaining about that gym.

i thought it was retarded that they would say oh we canceled your membership due to u not carrying the key chain tag lol wtf

Dave Leon is the owner of all the PF gyms in the area.

people think they have all the power in the world with there $9 an hour jobs… It’s not the gym bro, its the employee… You speak to Dave leon personally and I’d be willing to bet he fires that employee immediately.

I had trouble at the Loudonville pfit. My girlfriend was signing up to tan and the guy behind the counter said “don’t worry about that, just go in.” 6 minutes later, the chick working there shuts off her bed and starts yelling at her because a “girl who comes here a lot signed up and you didn’t.” My girlfriend starts bitching at her and tells her that the guy said it was ok, but she wasn’t having it. The girl who signed up was apologetic after hearing what happened but at that point we we’re pissed and left. The next day we called management and they said they would deal with it. She got a free gym bag.

does anyone know how i can get ahold of dave leon? any contact info, im not looking for his cell phone or anything just maybe an office number where he gets work calls or something

As said, find out Dave Leon info and give him a ring. I don’t know about now, but when he opened up Leons center in rotterdam before it was PF he was a really cool guy, used to sit at the juice bar with everyone and shoot the shit all the time.

I pretty much stopped going to his place about a year after he bought into planet fitness. Was fine at first but eventually it turned into a communist shithole

^Where I go now, used to go to PF.

dont cancel your membership because of some punk employee that thinks they run shit, call a higher up and get it taken care of…

planet fitness is great because its convenient. I’d rather have a gym I have access to 24/7 rather then 6-9pm or w.e most gyms are…

I have memberships to 3 different gyms plus I have a gym in my house and I go to PF or Anytime bc there both 24/7 and I workout at wierd hours… BECAUSE of this, I havent missed a workout in as long as i can remember

Planet fitness in general Sucks! I went to that when I was home on leave and went to dumbbell press and the highest weights they had were 75’s, really!?!?!?!?!? I wanted to lift weight not get a half assed workout. Also I saw a highschool kid working out wrong to the point he was going to hurt himself so I corrected him and got yelled at for “Judging” him in the “Judgement free zone” , seriously? It is the biggest joke of a gym I have seen

rotterdam has 85 pound dumbbells lol…

Best Fitness ftw. Going in a few actually.

I really need to get back in the workout grind. I’m getting fat. I was fat before but I was at least somewhat strong, now I’m a fat candy ass…

Gotta just push myself and start going before work as thats really the only time I would be able to

Best is excellent, but I also workout at PF.

That’s a dick move, I’d call corporate. They can’t do that.

I go to the PF at xgate common, no complaints, but I am not training to be Mr. Universe and I only use their weight machines to do HIIT’s and cardio. I do all my free weights at home.

That is exactly their point. They want beefcakes to think they suck and go somewhere else.

X2 and honestly it’s a smart business approach… While I am one of those “beefcakes” they hate, about 85% of people that go that gym are small fries/obese people/old people that are imtimidated by “beefcakes/hardcore lifters”

Shit, when I first started weight training when I was 17 I didnt want to go to the gym either… was embaressed.

For a MONEY making stand point its smart, from a visual stand point they look idiotic.

thats not what I am saying. I like lifting heavy, but by no means am I a “beefcake”. I just started lifting when I deployed in June. But I just wish they had heavier weights so that if I want to lift big there I can. And as for the being yelled at for judging, I just didnt want to see the kid get hurt. I told him if he kept doing it like that he would hurt himself. He was thankful and asked me if I had any other tips for him, the employee got mad and told me I was judging him.

what dont they have heavy exept for dumbells? Instead of dumbbells use a barbell and do a diff exercise? lol… No offense, but im sure I lift a bit heavier weight then you and can make a perfectly useful workout out of whats in that gym…

And I agree, that is wierd if an employee really did yell at you for trying to help someone… I woulda said “ok, ill let him break his neck next time”