would bad gas foul a plug?

I did something stupid, I bought gas at the indian reservation, and I think I got some bad gas in the 98 4.6 f150.

The seneca hawk on rt 5 in irving.

We had to go there, most everything was closed or lines out the road.

It was sputtering really bad, then started throwing a blinking check engine light (misfire).

Would bad gas foul a plug? I put alot of drygas in the tank, and filled about 1/4 of the tank up with good 93 octane gas.

When you first start the truck up it runs really bad and shakes, but when it warms up it runs a little better but still not right.

The plugs are 12c motorcraft coppers about a year old, and 20k miles on them.

I’m going to put a set of autolite platnium plugs in the truck, and see if that helps it out. This thing is a bit of a bear to put plugs in, so i’m not looking forward to it.

Thanks.

JH

Could it be your fuel filter? also, is it fuel injected? could have got some shit in your injectors, but don’t quote me on it. 98 I take it its fuel injected. I would run some injector treatment threw it. As far as spark plugs, bad gas will foul plugs because it doesnt burn clean and gets sediment and shit on them. I would take them out and check them. If they are really scroched then use a very light sandpaper and clean them off. I am no mechanic, but thats my $.02

I put plugs in it, had a wet one in the back of the engine. Runs fine, thanks.

:tup: So was it just fouled plugs then?

hmmm… that’s wierd. never heard of that before. Was it wet with fuel or with oil? maybe getting a little blow by? (did you get an oil change recently?)

gimme a call if ya want any help man

yep, i gotter dun…

Turned out to be a fuel fouled plug in the rear. I think i was running too cold of a plug for that thing anyways, i went to the stock plugs and the stock tune for now.

Thing idles like a northstar…