Would you race this guy for money?

Tom-

I don’t know ya, but you’ve made two assumptions about me tonight based on not very much at all :lol

To start off I go to LVD every single wednesday, just about zero exceptions. I’m no genius, but i have been in some pretty fast cars and have a good sense of “speed”, I guess you could say.

#1 I did not say 8 seconds, I said sub 10. 9.999 is sub 10 if you want to get techincal.

#2 Here is an example of a 9.5 @ 145.0 car with a 98% stock body, let alone a STOCK FRAME TURBO.

I’ve spent too much time on evolutionm.net for my own good and I could list out a “build” that would have a stock intake and exhaust manifold (both ported), stock heatshield over a stock-frame turbo, what appears to be a stock airbox, stock catback (with cutout downpipe, of course) a black anodized intercooler etc etc etc (aka 100% stock as a ROCK to anyone who is not a relatively heavily educated EVO enthusiast) that would run mid 10’s at mid 130’s. I’m going to ASSUME (:D) that you don’t give a shit so I’m not going to bother wasting either of our times going into further detail :rofl

This is just an example of the kind of “sleeper” that I’m talking about.

Bottom line if the owner cares about having the car be a sleeper it can be very difficult based on looks alone (exterior or in the case above, even the engine bay) to determine speed. Also with stock catback, a cutout, and another resonator or muffler after the cutout a ridiculously fast car can be made damn near stock volume as well

-Ryan :slight_smile: