Wow, this place is dead

I will agree with you on that one i found that one out about an hour after i joined pgh-offroad.com. i am a member of jeepforums.com and surf pirate4x4 often. i have found that both sites have helped me countless times already and i have only owned the jeep for 2 months!!!

~ Ahhhh yes, herculined many rusty parts. That stuff is TOUGH.

4 door love what do you have?

love the jeep if you have some extra time check out this build thread!!! one of the nicest tjs i have seen in a while!!!

98 XJ (PURPLE WITH BEDLINED RAISED PART OF THE HOOD) 4.0 AUTO

All of the trails in those pictures are either very very roughly taken care of state roads or private property which you pay a nominal (10 bucks per day) fee to park and ride.

ZEX - jeep is looking good, when you’re ready to lift it let me know I have a buddy who might be getting rid of his 35’s for something bigger

4 door - post up some pics of your jeep

Thanks for the offer on the 35’s… It is a 4 banger with 4.11’s. Without re-gearing, 35’s would render 5th gear unusable under its own power. Its a D.D.

Some meaty 33’s will have to work for this one.

know anyone with a set of 285 17s ?

tell me about it, I used to have a 4 cyl TJ and it wouldn’t do anything faster than 60 even with a tailwind

LMAO - what size tires?

I currently have 235/70/15. I can go 75+ without a problem now.

Debating on pulling the sway bar and track bar. I would think it would get sloppy though. Others beg to differ.

they were 31x10.5x15’s bfg at’s, it went anywhere a tj on 31’s should go and then some:
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq347/Cheeks485/jeepburied.jpg

as for pulling the sway bar, if its your dd, I wouldn’t do that at all. It will be a pain in the ass trust me

As for your track bar, you need to have that on your jeep to steer, if not you basically cannot steer at all

i remember that jeep !..i think i still got the vids & some pics from wheelin that 1 day with us

i want that older yota

Here’s one of my “trail rig”
1995 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 bone stock
In the mud pit we dug in my backyard memorial day weekend

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/exploder1.jpg

This thing has been alot of places it shouldn’t have made it…but enough speed and/or carelessness gets it there. 4wd is not currently operational though which has inhibited further use until fixed.

thats some shit i dont plan on doing, im more a fan of hills and etc then water and deep mud

last time i was in deep mud shaggy lost his boot