Places to go wheelin?

anybody know of some good places to take trucks/jeeps wheelin in the area? Anybody with a lifted truck/jeep want to go wheelin?

I already know about the pits behind hannaford, and wolf hollow in west glenville, yahaven in scotia… but is there any other places? dont have to be full on mud pits or strait rock climbing even trails are fun. just lookin for some “fresh meat” ya know.

The Schodack pits off route 20 behind Dunkin Donuts have places you can take a truck but theres alot of bumps and dips from all the quads and dirtbikes and would be hell on a mostly stock truck. When a friend broke his quad I took his truck to get it and it kept bottoming out and the ride was terrible. Stock Chevy 4x4.

Theres an offroad park in Fonda but Im not sure what you need to do/pay to go there. The guy on here with the Samurai buggy has gone there. Rtrac1 or something like that.

i gotta 4" lift with 33s on my wrangler so bottoming out shouldnt be to bad… ill have to give them a look.

there’s not alotta places around that if u get caught at u wont get slapped with a hefty fine, there is a few parks up north in the adk. mtns

The cops generally dont fuck with people in Schodack. If you leave the pit thats where they go after you but with a Jeep it wont be an issue since the trails are so tight there.

Theres usually several quads and dirtbikes there and occasionally a few trucks. Last winter there was a big K5 and a big old Dodge stepside running thru the water pit there.

thats why i’m asking. i know in the pits in glenville you wont get bothered much if your not partying/drinkin/leaving garbage back there.

last weekend we went back and had the neighbors givin us thumbs up comin out cause we were covered in mud.

any illegal wheeling will eventually catch up to you and you will end up paying for it. All it takes is one person to be stupid and the cops will be all over the area and making examples of anyone they can. Baker’s Ave in Cohoes used to be a decent wheeling spot until some kids decided to get drunk and shoot the gas tank of a car with a shotgun… then the cops were all over it and handing out some real hefty fines.

I used to do all the back land trails but it just got way too much of a risk and there’s barely anything legal around so I ended up selling my ZJ. If you want to get into real legal wheeling, go to adirondackjeeps.com. its a local jeep club that go on multiple rides through the year… but don’t go on there talking about any illegal riding… they frown upon that big time b/c illegal riding ultimately leads to people closing down legal trails.

Just my .02

Theirs a ton of places up on the hill. Back in high school everyone would skip class and go wheeling. Never got in trouble really. Theirs a place off of the letter S called duck hill we always use to go on. A lot of fun back their and a ton of places to go from their. But with all this snow it would be hell getting up the first hill.

hey guys! I heard there was some trails that lead to a swamp up in vorheesville. You guys should try it out, perfectly legal! :lol

and you wont get stuck either, right?

I’ve got a 96 grand Cherokee with a 4 inch lift and 32’s. I’m down for some wheelin.

just gotta know some people who know some people homie :clap

ill post up in this thread next time we go

what is “the hill”?

The power lines off of Sand Creek Rd are just phenomenal for this sort of thing.

which side of 87 are those on? watervliet shaker rd side? or everett side?

:lol:lol:lol I heard that is one of the best places to go!

If you know someone with private land thats willing to let you on it then by all means, go for it. But by posting on here, I doubt that you do. Most places that are being listed are not legal places and the owners of the property do not want people on there thanks to liability issues… and its only a matter of time til you eventually get caught and personally I don’t think its worth it. Been there, done that, realize now how dumb it was.

Yea, and there is no way you’ll ever put a ZJ on its roof there…:ohnoes

i do know quite a few people with land and trails. just looking for some variety ya know. wheelin the same shit over and over gets boring. been at it for 6 years and the same trails are startin to get beat. just figure i’d post up here and see where others were goin in the area

not much local.

check out rok-freekz.com

Its the forums for the club that has access to the land in Fonda. We hosted Ultimate Adventure there last summer. They also get invited to wheel some very sick land in NH through another club I am involved in

theres a pay to play park in Granville now too. Adirondack Jeeps go there, Ive never been there, its a little to far, and from what ive seen in pics the terrain isnt worth it for me to haul my rig up there.

Most of my wheeling is done out of state. NH, PA, MA

What ever happened to Maxom rd? I remember taking the quads out there and there were jeeps around all the time on that.

What about the trails off the Bear Slides?

I miss it too. When this buggy I have plans for is built I want to go out and mess around with it too.

There is a Jeep club in my hometown of Middleburgh NY (like 45 mins from albany), They actually own a good amount of land w/ trails all through it … if you join the club you have access to it whenever you would like. I know a few ppl it in, great guys. That might be something woth looking into. I was about to join, till gass prices shot through the roof and i sold my wrangler (man i miss that thing)

I think most if not all the vids they have up are from the club land.