Off roading locally

Just curious if there’s places locally to off road that isn’t illegal.

Anyone into off roading on here, what do you drive?

I would be into it, I have a 04 supercharged Xterra with a 2 inch lift and 33" mud terrains.

Sounds look a great vehicle for it. I’m thinking of getting a tacoma or maybe even an FJ Cruiser for my next vehicle, then I’d definitely want to do some light off roading, not trying to rock crawl or bounce off boulders lol

whispering pines
Wrangler Ave

If you get in wny 4x4 club they have local meets on private property.
I also Have a lifted Xterra on mudders.
I would recommend a jeep.

Pretty sure @Tbirdsc1 has taken his Raptor off roading, not sure if locally or not.

When you say jeep, you’re talking a wrangler right?

Im not the biggest fan of wranglers, I guess because most of them are base models I see, I do like how Rubicons look.

Wranglers are pretty expensive even used. I guess that’s good when it comes to resale value, which the FJ and tacoma also hold value well.

Both the Tacoma and fj can come with rear lockers which is what I would make sure I got. The Rubicons have both front and rear I believe?

So you think the Toyota s wouldn’t be a good vehicle for light offroading?

I think a FJ would be better than a Tacoma since the wheel base is shorter. Jeeps are the kings in off roading but after that they are kinda useless lol. Cheap interior, no amenities, shit stereo etc. If you get a 2 door, good luck on hauling anything behind the back seat lol. One of my friends had a nice 2012 sport wrangler 6 speed. He loved it until we packed for jam in the valley. Couldn’t fit anything. He sold the jeep a few weeks afterwards.

I have a bone stock '11 Pathfinder I’d like to get muddy…

It would be pretty cool to have a group getting together and hitting some trails.

Yes been off-roading around WNY but been 90% on private owned land (friends/family of friends, etc). There are a few places around like whispering pines and out near the finger lakes, but sparse for sure. I’ve gone out in Boston a few times on state land but pretty risky if caught so keep that to a minimum lol.

I would be down for a off-road meet if anyone knows of anything else locally. I thought of tagging along with WNY 4x4 this year but heard a lot of their trails come very tight in the woods which keeps fit fine, not sure I would fit with rubbing trees.

I wouldnt mind having to drive a couple hours to not get in trouble lol.

Wispering pines was a fun day trip usually did a little grilling with the group I ran with. But I heard they sold off a section of the land.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170221/e703e6c22a69f9c713ccfbfe0329e02f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stock fj i would be interested in some light off roading

My wife picked up a trail 4runner would like to play on some light stuff.

Well as soon as my engine for my Buick is built I’ll be saving for a vehicle I can play in the mud with, something tells me my escalade would sink and its AWD system wouldnt work too well.

Who on here was building that massive mud truck?

I did whispering pines when I had my raptor. That course is TIGHT! It was a lot of fun though.

This build:
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?231208-Building-a-mud-truck

Oh man, I forgot all about that beast. Sounds like it never got completed though. From the 2nd to last post. :frowning:

Watching Diesel Brothers Hercules Mud Truck reminded me of this build