Wrongful arrest? Legal issue

I’m in a rediculous dilemma.

A friend of mine was giving me a ride when he got pulled over for blowing a red light. Cop searched the car, found weed, a bong, and 4 pills under the driver’s seat.

The driver said the weed and bong was his, but didn’t know the pills were there, so I was arrested for the pills as well.

When we got to the precinct, the driver told the officers the pills were his, but the officer just responded with, “Too fucking bad for your buddy.”

I told the driver to tell the cops he wanted to make a statement saying the pills were his, but they wouldn’t let him.

I was under the impression that since he fessed up to them, they’re his, but apparantly not. After I was bailed out, I realized they gave me his charges and the driver got my charge.

I can honestly say I didn’t do a damn thing wrong. :banghead:

Can I go to the precinct and get a copy of the police report?

Since the cops wouldn’t take the driver’s statement he wrote a statement for me, saying all the things were his, signed it, dated it, and I signed it as well as my brother as a witness to the signing.

Will this help, or should I get it notorized?

Help!

If he admitts it was his in front of the judge, all charges should be dropped for you. Tell your buddy to tell the judge or d.a. that you had no knowledge of the drugs being in the vehicle.

why did they search the car in the first place? did they have just cause (ie did you guys look high, drunk at the time)

I’m assuming probable cause because the cop found weed stems in the driver’s side door handle.

He just told the driver to get out of the car and started searching.

yea that will do it. sorry to hear about your situation man best of luck, i had something similar happen a while ago except i was the driver and my passenger was holding, they didn’t search the car until the guy i was with told the cop he had stuff, they tried to arrest the 2 of us even though i had no idea of anything, i got my phone out and called my lawyer while sitting on the side of the road while they were interrogating my friend in the back of the cop car. i was lucky enough to get off and my friend got 6 months probation. horrible situation.

I just think its really rediculous that after the driver told the cops all that shit was his they still arrested me, and then they wouldn’t let him make a statement at the precinct.

I have a feeling that if your friend had said all of the shit was his the first time then you wouldn’t be in this situation. don’t blame the cops. Once you tell two different stories your credibility is shot. That note is probably worthless.

the situation does suck overall… I’m sure you’ll get out of it, but probably not for free.

The note your friend wrote you is worthless. You’ll have to go to court and make your case there. Hire an attorney.

Going forward don’t hang around fucking idiots…

you should be ok. Especially since the dumb fuck cope mixed up the charges.
Talk to the DA BEFORE you see the judge and he will straighten the shit out.

x’s 2

:word:

contact a lawyer not nyspeed.

I agree, and he does not sound like much of a friend if he put you in this situation and not stating in the first place the pills were his.

X2 Sounds like the cop gave him the chance yet in the end it was your friend who screwed you good.

Hope the best works out for you…

Your friend fucked you. Get a lawyer, its cheaper in the long run.

word prescription drugs carry a mandatory minimum now

I have to question why we as society care if people do drugs and kill themselves. awh sucks to be you though. Good luck man.

Because drug abuse can lead to crime, violence, health and other problems that would be a drain on society.

Scissors can also lead to crime, violence, health and other problems.

what town? if its in ur reach of the car it possibly can be “urs” the officer also has to state why he searched, if he searched for weapons only because he thought his life was in danger and he finds drugs it might be bad evidence depending on circumstances. if you were givin the wrong charges 99.9% chance they will get thrown out in court. and the officer cant refuse your info in his statement or he can get in big trouble for divulging vital information