Wrongful termination at a job

I’ve been working at TGI Fridays for about two years and about 2-3 weeks ago I was fired.

I held ten different job descriptions there, but mainly I was a server, line cook, and a steward. Now being our steward, I ordered all the product, checked in all the boxes that came in, and put everything away in the freezer and cooler. I was fired because a week prior to my termination I checked in a box that I thought was there. I would have about 300 boxes averaging 30lbs a piece in my freezer and cooler, and with so much volume I recognized the products by the box, since it was impossible to look for each and every label on the boxes and open every box. Now I thought a certain box was a box of doughnuts when it was actually a box of cheese. I offered to pay for the missing box which held a value of $30 but my general manager said no. The week before that I ordered two cases of whipped cream which had a value of $30 but I was given two boxes of colby cheese picked as whipped cream that holds a $190 value, so I made my store $160 in food cost.

My general manager told me that I wasn’t doing my job at all, and didn’t check anything in because I made one mistake in my two years there.

I made her give me a copy of my termination and her own statement. On the termination sheet she documented a voluntary termination meaning that I quit, there were no documented warnings, and on her statement she said that I was selling cell phones in the dining room while I was on the clock, and im eligible for re-hire. At the time I was working two jobs, TGI Fridays and at T-Mobile. Now its impossible for me to sell a phone outside of T-Mobile because I need the phone, a computer to activate the phone, and a credit card machine to pay for the item and to also make an imprint of the card. Mind you if I took a phone out of the store I would be fired for stealing and what not. On this particular day a friend of mine stopped in to give me a title to a car I bought from him. She also wrote that due to my lack of dedication I needed to be terminated, and because I was fired I lost my paid vacation. She also made another false claim that I would leave for hours. I don’t have a car on the road, my gf drops me off at work and picks me up, so where the hell would I go?

A week after my termination I went into the restaurant and asked a different manager for my regional manager’s phone number, and he said that my termination was rightful and wouldn’t give me his number.

I got shafted hardcore and need some advice. Help!!

NYS is employment at will. You can be fired (or quit) for no reason at all.

Stop working at restaurants anyway.

It sucks that you got shafted like that, but your time will be better spent finding a better job.

Can I get my paid for the lost wages of my paid vacation?

I was working at T-Mobile full time and just at Fridays part time. 20 hours of work for me was about $250-300 a week.

Prank the shit out of that place!

[email=“http://www.zug.com/pranks/walmart/”]http://www.zug.com/pranks/walmart/

If it’s on writing you can. If it’s just word of the mouth. I doubt it.

call the labor board and the attorney generals office! They will have to reply to the AG office with proof. And if they BS them, they will get in trouble

Be happy you are out of a shit job at a shit restaurant. With experience you can go work at any restaurant doing the same thing. Chain stores/restaurants owe you nothing. So take it as a bad experience…dont go eat their terrible food anymore and move on.

Yep.

Most of your min eage jobs they can tell you to gtfo whenever they want

beat some ass…

everyone is a sissy these days :slight_smile:

to really get back at them toss a brick in the front window it always shows you mean something then or even find the boss’s car and pull some valve stems